Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 09:04 AM)
I think it's safe to say UCLA is having a worse season so far. Yes, Iowa lost to UT-SA, but UT-SA is at least 7-2 on the season.

UCLA has lost to Cal St. Fullerton(no offense Jason), Portland, and Long Beach State. Those teams are a whopping 12-10 on the season.

Thats true, although UCLA did barely lose to Butler on two last second free throws and they hung around with Kansas for a while. Their start to the season has been worse, but I think over the course of the year they will turn out to be a better basketball team than Iowa. Long Beach State actually has a pretty tough schedule so far too. Luckily, neither team has to face Illinois State, what a bloodbath that would be!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
Thats true, although UCLA did barely lose to Butler on two last second free throws and they hung around with Kansas for a while. Their start to the season has been worse, but I think over the course of the year they will turn out to be a better basketball team than Iowa. Long Beach State actually has a pretty tough schedule so far too. Luckily, neither team has to face Illinois State, what a bloodbath that would be!!!

I know you are just poking fun at us, but ISU would beat either UCLA or Iowa. I think they would handle Iowa rather easily.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
Iowa currently leads Craig Brackins 30-24. Unfortunately for Iowa, Iowa St. also has other players.

News to me.

81-71 home win for second place in the state.

Bring on Bradley!!!! We'll beat a middle of the road Valley team yet.

Gophers beat up on St. Joseph's today to the tune of a 97-74 win. Blake Hoffarber is gaining my faith in him back game by game, this time scoring 20 points including some excellent shooting, while Ralph Sampson actually looked like the player we were hoping he would be this year. Granted, it was against a team with no real inside presence, but I can be hopeful about that, right?!

Illinois State's first real test tomorrow(today) at Redbird Arena vs Niagara in the return game from last years bracketbuster's in which Niagara embarrassed us on National TV. Comcast channel 102 2pm in the Chicagoland area if any of you want to see an ISU game for once.

I expect a win, but wouldn't be shocked if we lost because our play has been sloppy all year.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 03:32 AM)
Illinois State's first real test tomorrow(today) at Redbird Arena vs Niagara in the return game from last years bracketbuster's in which Niagara embarrassed us on National TV. Comcast channel 102 2pm in the Chicagoland area if any of you want to see an ISU game for once.

I expect a win, but wouldn't be shocked if we lost because our play has been sloppy all year.

Niagara has a Division 1 basketball program???

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
Niagara has a Division 1 basketball program???

Ya one of the better mid-majors in the nation. Redbirds first loss of the season sloppy play and bad calls. It also doesn't help that Niagara shot 48% from the arch.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
They were 6-4 coming in with losses to Buffalo, Akron, Auburn, and Austin Peay. Mid-majors must be pretty terrible this year.

Gotta love how Ill St fans can spin anything into a positive.

Niagara is far from a "solid" team.

Theres how many mid majors in the nation? 220+? Ya and Niagara is ranked 11th http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

So one of the better mid majors fits I'd say. Definitely a solid team. Instead of looking at their record why don't you watch them play.

I didn't spin anything either we lost, because we played sloppy. I said bad calls didn't help but you can't let the refs beat you.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
If Illinois State is anything close to a good team than a loss to Niagara at home is a bad loss.

Don't believe I said it wasn't anywhere. I said Niagara was a solid team. Should ISU have beaten them yes, did they no.

Edited by kev211