Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 12:58 PM)
Illinois and Mizzou tonight. Nine in a row for Illinois. Assuming both teams show up to play, it should be a fantastic game (more so than in recent years anyway).

I'm hoping the Illini can cotinue the streak and make it a full decade of dominance, but with Mizzou's 40 minutes of hell & the way they have horribly stuggled against the full court press this year, I cant say I have full confidence in them. A win would be nice to give some hope that they might actually make the tournament. Like you said, it is usually an exciting game, should be fun to watch, go Illini!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 04:01 AM)
Redbirds finish up conference play 9-2, next game is next tuesday vs 11-1 Wichita State @ redbird arena. It's going to be real fun.

Also tonight's(last nights technically) game was the 300th game for the redbirds at redbird arena. They are 219-81 in those 300 games.

If only it was as tough as a place to play as the real ISU. :)

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
There is no more magic in that stadium, just a bad home team.

I don't know, since McDermott has taken over, we've been beyond horrible on the road, whereas we've pushed teams like Kansas and Texas at home. Don't get me wrong, it's not the same place it used to be, but before, say, 2005, it was up with Allen and Gallagher-Iba as one of the 3 toughest places to play in the Big 12. Still got a winning record against the Top 25 at Hilton, as well as 6-12 against Top 5 opponents, which is pretty good for some pretty bad teams since 71.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
Just got to St. Louis and their sports talk is so bad that it is fun to listen to. They are all excited for Illinois/Missouri tonight. Oh Boy!

Rams + no NBA team + Blues struggling = lame in the winter in StL. It's all Cardinals in that town and Mizzou sports get some attention, but given their sports teams it's hard to blame them.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
Anyone watching the Illini/Mizzou game? Something's wrong with the hoop Mizzou is shooting at, as the ball is taking some crazy spins out of the rim. It will be interesting to see if the same rolls continue in the 2nd half going that way.

no, but Illinois is playing like s***. This is going downhill fast.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)
That and these officials are brutal

The one on the baseline when Illinois has the ball on offense right now is quite possibly the worst ref ever. Oh and how that one ball was off Tisdale when he wasn't within 5 feet of the ball when it flew off Stafford is beyond me.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
The one on the baseline when Illinois has the ball on offense right now is quite possibly the worst ref ever. Oh and how that one ball was off Tisdale when he wasn't within 5 feet of the ball when it flew off Stafford is beyond me.

That was so bad it was funny.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
Mike Davis should seriously be embarrassed with his play tonight. I just can't like him as a basketball player. So talented but such a p****.

Yep, he's the biggest whiner on the team (if not the big ten). If things don't go his way he's worthless. Tisdale continues to impress. Hopefully Mizzou's shooting comes back to their average and Illinois keeps chugging away.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 24, 2009 -> 04:13 AM)
Yep, he's the biggest whiner on the team (if not the big ten). If things don't go his way he's worthless. Tisdale continues to impress. Hopefully Mizzou's shooting comes back to their average and Illinois keeps chugging away.

Great point, you could see him lose his composure at about the 5 minute mark in the 2nd half. I still say that basket going to the right on the TV view is screwed up. Two odd missed dunks this half.