Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legion had so much potential (still does) to become a great college player

Nothing I've seen in the last year of watching him play leads me to believe he has the potential to be a great college basketball player. Like I said before, he's known for his shooting, but can't shoot. He plays no defense, can't dribble the ball, can't pass the ball, and doesn't play with any passion/emotion. He's led by his crazy mother who thinks he's going to be the next Kobe Bryant, despite the fact that he's gone through two major programs who have told him "you're not that good you need to work at it," yet he hasn't/didn't.

Gophers beat Penn State yesterday 75-70 to start off the Big Ten season on the right foot. It was a little closer than desired, but Taylor Battle is just that good. On the other hand, Lawrence Westbrook was just as good, if not better, scoring 29 points on 11/16 shooting. When he gets into his zone, he's really pretty tough to stop (of course, when he gets in that zone, he also stops looking for his teammates).

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
Purdue also started off the Big Ten season with a win. No surprise, Iowa is not a good team. :headbang

The game vs. West Virginia should be an exciting one. Good thing it is a home game.

They had a little more trouble with Iowa than most would think going into the game.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
Illinois and Northwestern tonight. Can't say I've ever thought before that a game between these two could be close. Another victory over a Top 25 team would be nice for the tourney resume.

Illini are a 7.5 point favorite, wow, kinda high to me. A win to start off Big Ten season would be nice. I always hate these winter break home games where half the krush isnt there and the Hall is barely half as loud as it normally is.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
Not the best defensive half for Illinois. NW shooting lights out from downtown it seems.

This is a bad defensive team led by Mike Davis who would struggle to guard me. He is unbelievably lazy on D, it is really pathetic. And I hate Dominique Keller, I am so happy he was a JUCO recruit so this is his last year. Also, I love when terrible 3 pt shooters go off on Illinois. Shurna has been a horrible shooter from the arc this year and of course he can't miss tonight.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
Illinois D will always be weak against the 3 until DJ Richardson learns how to back off his man.

Watch the dribble drive kick out for three on every attempt. Richardson plays up too tight on his man and is easily beat to the paint every singe time.

Dribble drive hasn't been much of an issue tonight. It has been mostly lazy D fighting through picks. And on that last 3 Richardson was still with Thompson, Davis can't help there. Make Thompson hit a tough contested two rather than giving up a wide open 3. I don't understand why Illinois continues to have guys help off of players that are only one pass away. Help form the weak side dumbasses.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
NU really needs to stop letting Mirkovic shoot, he's thrown up an awful lot of ugly shots. He's not exactly the guy I would want taking contested shots.

Didn't see the first half but he's looked terrible here in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
Brandon Paul, welcome back to college basketball. Haven't seen you since game 1.

Missed the Clemson game I take it.

10 pts a game for a frosh isn't bad. He'll get better.

Edited by Brian