Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
I didn't see it, but if the foul was committed on the rebound attempt, it should count. Unless you mean the guy committed a foul on a put-back dunk, then they screwed up.

The foul was on the rebound attempt on a different Illini player. Even the announcers were saying it shouldn't count, but it seems they did count it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Madhouse on Madison the old Chicago Stadium? I'll never understand why teams that are up 3 with under 10 seconds left ever play anyone inside the 3 point line. Let them take the 2s at that point.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Madhouse on Madison the old Chicago Stadium? I'll never understand why teams that are up 3 with under 10 seconds left ever play anyone inside the 3 point line. Let them take the 2s at that point.

They have been calling the United Center that since the Bulls won their first title while playing there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
The foul was on the rebound attempt on a different Illini player. Even the announcers were saying it shouldn't count, but it seems they did count it.

If the ball was off of the shooters fingertips, it should count. As a matter of a fact we had that exact situation happen in a game I was calling last night. They counted the three and walked down to the other side of the floor to shoot the bonus.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
What a start to the UK LU game. Cousins should have been sent packing.

Easily.

Although I love Kentucky giving me a new reason every week to hate them.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 08:07 AM)
1/02 @ CONN

1/05 @ USF

1/09 WVU

1/16 @ CIN

1/18 SYR

Brutal next few games for N.D.

1/3 vs. Houston

1/6 vs. Duke @ United Center

1/9 vs. North Dakota St.

1/13 vs. Texas

1/16 @ Nebraska

1/20 @ Texas Tech

1/23 vs. Kansas

It picks up in a hurry for us, too. Great chance to knock off some of the most annoying athletics programs, though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
Horrible last possession by Illinois. Go to the bucket!

McCamey refuses to push the ball in those situations. Mind boggling really, and even then he had the lane to the basket and kicked it out to Paul for some reason. But the bottom line is you can't spot a team 20 and expect to come back and win. Hopefully at some point this team realizes that if they play defense for 40 minutes they have a chance to be really good. Because once they turned up the defensive pressure they were the better team by far.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Gophers rolled over Iowa today, 86-74. Although that only looks like a 12-point win, it was never in doubt and the Gophers basically had their way with Iowa from start to finish. Hoffarber had another great game, while the press really tore apart the Hawkeyes for most of the first half. It's always awesome to watch an effective full court press, especially when it's done by Al Nolen and Damian Johnson.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
I already forgot who was announcing the Illini game but I love how he said at least 5 times that Northwestern was unbeaten before they played Illinois a few days ago.

He also announced that there was a 21 point deficit for the Illini about 50 times as well. Me and a buddy listened to the game on the way to Kenosha, and it was annoying

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
They have been calling the United Center that since the Bulls won their first title while playing there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
Crazy, I honestly had never heard that and I've lived here for 29 years.

The Chicago Stadium was termed the Madhouse on Madison long before the United Center was built. It's pretty lame that they put that stuff up now, as the building has been a parking lot for about 15 years.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
The Chicago Stadium was termed the Madhouse on Madison long before the United Center was built. It's pretty lame that they put that stuff up now, as the building has been a parking lot for about 15 years.

I don't see the big deal. It's on Madison and with the Bulls and Hawks having success last season, the crowds were awesome.

It's not nearly the same enviornment as Chicago Stadium, but the building serves the same purpose for both teams.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
Gophers rolled over Iowa today, 86-74. Although that only looks like a 12-point win, it was never in doubt and the Gophers basically had their way with Iowa from start to finish. Hoffarber had another great game, while the press really tore apart the Hawkeyes for most of the first half. It's always awesome to watch an effective full court press, especially when it's done by Al Nolen and Damian Johnson.

Beating Iowa right now wouldn't be a feather in the cap of North Shore Country Day High School right now. They are awful.

Edited by Dick Allen

So after watching way too much college basketball yesterday, Kansas is far and away the best team in the country. Their defense is outstanding, great depth, and Self has them playing great. It's ironic, as their two superstars haven't even improved this season (Aldrich and Collins). Henry is the 2nd best freshman in the country, and the Morris twins impress me. As long as they stay away from football players, this team should easily make the Final Four.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
So after watching way too much college basketball yesterday, Kansas is far and away the best team in the country. Their defense is outstanding, great depth, and Self has them playing great. It's ironic, as their two superstars haven't even improved this season (Aldrich and Collins). Henry is the 2nd best freshman in the country, and the Morris twins impress me. As long as they stay away from football players, this team should easily make the Final Four.

Texas is right there with them. But yes, there's no doubt that they should be in the FF come March.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
Texas is right there with them. But yes, there's no doubt that they should be in the FF come March.

Texas really struggled yesterday. Avery Bradley's been a bust so far this season, as Hamilton's probably their best freshman. I think Texas has amazing depth 1-10, but I'm not sure they have a scorer they can count on.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
Beating Iowa right now wouldn't be a feather in the cap of North Shore Country Day High School right now. They are awful.

Oh, I know. Iowa looked absolutely terrible.. it was pretty painful to watch their offensive possessions for the most part.