Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge win for the Gophers today over Ohio State. It was a pretty tight first half, but the Gophers pressured the s*** out of Turner in the second and really took over. Hoffarber had 27 points and seven three pointers, while Al Nolen had one of his best games of the year with 11 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals and just 2 turnovers.

Evan TUrner is going to fit in just fine in the NBA. He was b****ing and moaning after every call that went against him today, as expected.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
Sounds like Ramsey was having a tough game just following on sportsline...

Also, does Tiller or Taylor start?

Ramsey just isn't good on offense. He's still solid on the boards and on defense. Problem is Bowers keeps getting into foul trouble and the depth isn't there in the frontcourt. Tiller and Taylor are the usual starters, but both have missed a couple games due to minor injuries, the flu or not paying speeding tickets. Michael Dixon got into foul trouble today, but he's looked great as a freshman this year. He's coming along nicely. This team is probably a first week exit at the tourney, but considering they lost 3 starters and the team's 2 best players from a year ago that's good improvement for Mizzou. Next year they should be really nasty with a top 20 recruiting class coming in. They should be able to replace Tiller and Taylor. Replacing Ramsey's d might be tougher though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
Ramsey just isn't good on offense. He's still solid on the boards and on defense. Problem is Bowers keeps getting into foul trouble and the depth isn't there in the frontcourt. Tiller and Taylor are the usual starters, but both have missed a couple games due to minor injuries, the flu or not paying speeding tickets. Michael Dixon got into foul trouble today, but he's looked great as a freshman this year. He's coming along nicely. This team is probably a first week exit at the tourney, but considering they lost 3 starters and the team's 2 best players from a year ago that's good improvement for Mizzou. Next year they should be really nasty with a top 20 recruiting class coming in. They should be able to replace Tiller and Taylor. Replacing Ramsey's d might be tougher though.

well, I can tell you after my first three years it seemed getting to the tourney was freaking impossible, so if anderson can consistently build a tourney team that's great for the school and fanbase. Alden as a person is a prick, but I have to respect the dude.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
Huge win for the Gophers today over Ohio State. It was a pretty tight first half, but the Gophers pressured the s*** out of Turner in the second and really took over. Hoffarber had 27 points and seven three pointers, while Al Nolen had one of his best games of the year with 11 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals and just 2 turnovers.

Evan TUrner is going to fit in just fine in the NBA. He was b****ing and moaning after every call that went against him today, as expected.

Gopher win at home, what was the big surprise about that? You wish you had a player the caliber of Turner. It was his second game back from breaking bones in his lower back, give him some time and then we'll see what he does.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
well, I can tell you after my first three years it seemed getting to the tourney was freaking impossible, so if anderson can consistently build a tourney team that's great for the school and fanbase. Alden as a person is a prick, but I have to respect the dude.

Agree on all counts. I was a freshman during Quin's last year. The turnaround is impressive, but it did take Mike 3 years.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
Does Mizzou still play 40 minutes of hell? I always love watching their games, although I can't say I catch as many as I'd like.

Yes. It's faster at times than last year because they don't have the big guys like last year where they could pound inside and beat you in half court. They are much worse in the half-court, but better at pressing and going even faster.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)
Does Mizzou still play 40 minutes of hell? I always love watching their games, although I can't say I catch as many as I'd like.

Yep, first two years didn't work that well, then last year...elite 8.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
Gopher win at home, what was the big surprise about that? You wish you had a player the caliber of Turner. It was his second game back from breaking bones in his lower back, give him some time and then we'll see what he does.

Yes, yes I do. He's incredibly talented (easily the most talented player on the court today, despite the fact that it took him a bit to realize he can't dribble past the press), and I seriously hope the Timberwolves draft him next year. But none of that changes the fact that he's a whiny b****.

Also, I never said it was a surprise that we won. I said it was huge, which is completely the case. If we had lost to the Buckeyes at home, our tournament hopes would have decreased severely, given our rather rough non-conference record. We can't lose games like today's at home during conference play, and I'm glad the team realized that in the second half.

Edited by Felix

I still can't believe I am seeing a Weber coached team not play hard and not play D. He has flaws as a coach certainly but he has never had a team at Southern Illinois or Illinois that didn't play hard and wasn't at least very good defensively.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Great comeback again today. This team has the talent to be very good they just don't play hard enough and with enough intensity until they get down. I'm still hoping that at some point the upper classmen develop a killer instinct and get after from the opening tip. Not holding my breath though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
Great comeback again today. This team has the talent to be very good they just don't play hard enough and with enough intensity until they get down. I'm still hoping that at some point the upper classmen develop a killer instinct and get after from the opening tip. Not holding my breath though.

Illinois had no business winning that game. Athleticism won out. Still not enough effort, and Mike Davis is a complete F'n waste. So tired of the 5+ lazy turnovers a game. Weber needs to scrap the half court offense and let them run. That's the only way this team will be a contender.

I am impressed with what Crean has done with a JV roster. They'll be tough if he can get some big time recruits in.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
Yes, yes I do. He's incredibly talented (easily the most talented player on the court today, despite the fact that it took him a bit to realize he can't dribble past the press), and I seriously hope the Timberwolves draft him next year. But none of that changes the fact that he's a whiny b****.

Completely disagree. He appeared upset at alot of the no-calls against the Gophers which was somewhat warranted, but also I thought he was more frustrated with the complete s*** show that surrounds him on his team. I would be pissed too if I had to play with the garbage that surrounds him day to day. I cant wait until this roster is completely turned over next season.