Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
He's lucky they didnt lose cuz of that.

I despise him. This team is such an enigma. Tisdale and Demetri seem to be getting it and DJ is solid. We really need Paul to get going again or we are going to struggle against good teams. Cole and Jordan suck. And Davis needs to get his head back into the game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
Turner sure looks healthy.

I would have problems passing him up with the #2 pick if he goes pro.

Rock, any chance he stays and plays with the recruiting class next year?

0.0 percent of staying, they've pretty much already given his schollie away.

Matt Painter threw alot of his players under the bus after the game. He should have thrown himself under there putting Cramer on Turner for that long. Its not that difficult to figure out that you can double team Turner and beat OSU. Cris Cramer cannot guard Evan Turner.

Look at the Illini, 4-0 & 1st place in the Big Ten!!!!! (Please disregard the fact they have played 3 at home and against 4 of the worst 5 teams in the conference)

I don't know what DeChellis told his players in the huddle, but thanks to Talor Battle for taking 4 straight awful shots with the game on the line

Looks like McCamey might have finally turned a page and might be able to start leading the team. I dont know if Tisdale just finally started getting laid or something but he has suddenly turned into a man, showing aggression and finally dunking the f***ing basketball. Too bad Davis is pulling the disappearing act now.

I wasnt a big fan of Jim Jackson as an analyst last night, it almost seemed like he talked too much, and just tried to sound lilke he knew everything.

Big props to Evan Turner, its not easy to overshadow a guy who hits 8 3's in a half, but he did, huge win for the Buckeyes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
0.0 percent of staying, they've pretty much already given his schollie away.

Matt Painter threw alot of his players under the bus after the game. He should have thrown himself under there putting Cramer on Turner for that long. Its not that difficult to figure out that you can double team Turner and beat OSU. Cris Cramer cannot guard Evan Turner.

I agree! More then that he left DJ Byrd and Smith in for EXTENDED minutes at the same time. Neither wanted any part of a shot and I told my buddy at the game that Painter just let this game stay within reach, now Turner has a chance to take over the game and steal one for the Buckeyes. Bad game for Coach Painter last night!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 06:22 AM)
Look at the Illini, 4-0 & 1st place in the Big Ten!!!!! (Please disregard the fact they have played 3 at home and against 4 of the worst 5 teams in the conference)

I don't know what DeChellis told his players in the huddle, but thanks to Talor Battle for taking 4 straight awful shots with the game on the line

Looks like McCamey might have finally turned a page and might be able to start leading the team. I dont know if Tisdale just finally started getting laid or something but he has suddenly turned into a man, showing aggression and finally dunking the f***ing basketball. Too bad Davis is pulling the disappearing act now.

I wasnt a big fan of Jim Jackson as an analyst last night, it almost seemed like he talked too much, and just tried to sound lilke he knew everything.

Big props to Evan Turner, its not easy to overshadow a guy who hits 8 3's in a half, but he did, huge win for the Buckeyes.

He is beyond awful. He jumps in with "analysis" only when it suits what he says. He talks about McCamey coming off the bench and learning to make good decisions, and then McCamey pulls up on a 1 on 4 break with a long 2 pointer and makes it. Jackson just gushes about how that's such a great decision (wrong) and how that's more proof of McCamey's mental change. In reality it was an awful shot and an awful decision that just happened to go in.

After yet another game that should have been a blow out, I'm beginning to realize this team is average at best. They have two really good players (Tisdale and McCamey) and one really good freshman (Richardson). But beyond that they have a bunch of scrubs. My frustration with Mike Davis is bordering on dislike (worthless/gutless/lazy/should be benched), Brandon Paul seems to have hit a confidence barrier, Jordan and Cole provide energy but are basically average versions of Frazier (no where near the defensive ability), and the rest of the bench are nothings. It's too bad Bertrand had to redshirt. He could have been that extra offensive weapon that opened things up. And it's a good thing that Richmond is on the way. He's exactly what this team needs to be complete.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Gophers lost to Michigan State on the road tonight 60-53. It was actually a close game throughout, and while Michigan State kept threatening to run away with it, the Gophers continued to keep it close and even got within 3 with a little over a minute left. Unfortunately, Hoffarber was completely ineffective tonight, which really kept our offense quiet throughout the game. Ralph Sampson, Al Nolen and Damian Johnson all had good games, while Westbrook did his standard 15 points, 5 turnovers, 1 assist. It would have been nice to win, but I didn't think we'd keep it close, so I guess that's a plus.

And I just realized while looking at the box score, our bench scored 3 points all night and didn't make a single field goal. That's pretty pathetic.

Edited by Felix

Chad Millard hip checks Nick Evans down the floor, than charges Evans like a b**** and they go chest to chest. Double technical, yet Evans gets tossed and Millard gets to stick around. Yeah, that sounds right.

Justin, ya'll better be all over that clown when they come to the Arena. He's playing dirty as hell.

My Tarheels could not handle the pressure as I feared and they got blitzed by Clemson. On a positive note Dex Strickland continues to show that he is improving and may be a signifigant improvement for the guard play by tournament time. Getting some degree of a consistant out side shooter (Graves, maybe), and hopeing Drew can grow into a semi consistent point is a major issue. Ga. Tech is trouble Saturday as well, at least it is in the Dean Dome. The young fellas have a few more difficult learning lessons to endure, but hopefully they can compete come March.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
Time for Illinois to come out swinging and make a statement. Hopefully at worst they lose a tight, competitive game.

With a win it makes them true contenders to win the division despite how frustrating the season has been so far. I think they lose pretty handily though...

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
If anyone is interested in seeing one of the future studs in the Big Ten, there are two OSU recruits playing on ESPN HS bball today. Jared Sullinger is a must see.

Sullinger is a beast. He's already a Man.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Well, competing was fun while it lasted. Time for a double digit loss.

Illinois is shooting like crap and isn't getting blown away by a far superior team on the road. Tough to be too upset about that.