Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Don't even get me started.

Sorry, man. You guys totally outplayed them all game. The attempted put back on the last possession, the dude got hammered. You have to call that.

This is easily the most frustrating season of college basketball I've ever watched. Expectations were understandably high for this years team, but our inability to finish close games has really burned us consistently throughout the season. All of our losses (save for Purdue on the road) were games that we could/should have won, but somehow find a way to lose.

Add on the fact that I was working on 5 hours of sleep at today's game and it makes for a pretty s***ty Saturday.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
It's really a sad day when SIU and ISU plays and no one cares.

I obviously want SIU to win, but doesn't matter if we do. Our only prayer to make tourney is to win Arch Madness and that won't happen. You guys have a better shot at that then us.

Not that I've watched ESPN that much this year, but I do find it funny that when the Big 10 is down you hear about it non stop but this year's Pac 10 is quite possibly the worst major conference in basketball ever and I haven't heard them take near the abuse the Big 10 does in a down year and the Big 10 has never been even close to this bad. I don't think the Pac 10 deserves a single at large team.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
It's embarrassing that some of these tv guys are ignoring Caliparri's past. Guy on CBS says he is doing the best job this year of any coach. He should never even be mentioned in that category.

Just like Vitale ripping on all the guys who used steroids while praising Calipari constantly when he was doing a Kentucky game. What a joke.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
It's really a sad day when SIU and ISU plays and no one cares.

If it helps any, I've never cared about that matchup. :P

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
Not that I've watched ESPN that much this year, but I do find it funny that when the Big 10 is down you hear about it non stop but this year's Pac 10 is quite possibly the worst major conference in basketball ever and I haven't heard them take near the abuse the Big 10 does in a down year and the Big 10 has never been even close to this bad. I don't think the Pac 10 deserves a single at large team.

It's been discussed a little bit. I think it's also the fact that no one outside of the west coast really cares about the Pac 10 being horrible.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
We did it! We're going to the big dance! We beat the Redbirds! What?

Our shot is basically yours. Win Arch madness and it was before today's game too. But I can see this ISU team getting hot and clicking for 3 days, even if the chance is small.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
illini offense just looks completely lost. Mccamey trying to do everything and I really can't blame him.

The stretch that killed them was when they had multiple fast breaks and turned the ball over each team. They convert those plays and go up digits and win going away. Instead they have two turnovers, then Paul decides to take a stupid contested 3 and NW gets momentum.

0 pts and 2 boards for Mike Davis. Way to come to play. I really can't stand him right now. Somebody needs to do a man check to make sure he didn't lose his balls. Also, Cole and Jordan suck, it really sucks that Bertrand got hurt and Legion was such a bad basketball player that those two have to play.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
0 pts and 2 boards for Mike Davis. Way to come to play. I really can't stand him right now. Somebody needs to do a man check to make sure he didn't lose his balls. Also, Cole and Jordan suck, it really sucks that Bertrand got hurt and Legion was such a bad basketball player that those two have to play.

Jordan gives the team nothing. Cole actually does provide lock down D. It's time to play the freshman and let them gain as much experience as possible. A tourney bid is pretty unrealisic without 2-3 upsets.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
Jordan gives the team nothing. Cole actually does provide lock down D. It's time to play the freshman and let them gain as much experience as possible. A tourney bid is pretty unrealisic without 2-3 upsets.

LOl, Cole's D is average at best. He had a good game on D against Hummel that is it. He helps constantly when there is no need to which leads to wide open 3s consistently including Shurna's dagger today. He also can't stop dribble penetration against smaller players. The tourney is still alive because every bubble team has such an underwhelming resume right now and the Pac 10 sucks so much it is a legit possibility they only get one team. Illinois has to win the next 3 and then go 4-4 in their last 8 (which will be tough if they don't pick it up) and that probably gets them in.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
Strike that one... It was a brutal game, but K State did it.

And K State has the typical let down game with a bad home loss to Ok State. Ok State is decent, but not someone a top 15 team should lose to at home. With Texas losing again K State probably finally takes a hit in the rankings.