Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
This has to be the most depressing thread ever. Besides the stupid Jayhawks, nobody's team seems to be doing well this season.

Pretty much reflects the overall talent level in college basketball this year, pretty disappointing.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
This has to be the most depressing thread ever. Besides the stupid Jayhawks, nobody's team seems to be doing well this season.

This year of basketball has just been terrible. Even Kansas almost lost to a horrible Colorado team. Down year in college basketball + Calipari at Kentucky = disgusting year for me.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)

Hey, I'm happy with Tennessee's season, lol. Especially after losing our best player and then beating #1 Kansas. That was a fun game to watch. But yeah, most of everyone's teams suck. I feel like basketball is just down this year in general.

Fact. Expectations were high for this years team, but we've completely dropped the ball. It's been annoying, to say the least.

Nah, my favorite player is making a run at POY, and my Bucks just tied for 2nd in the conference. Maybe its just you.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 12:45 AM)

the state of basketball in illinois is really bad right now....Illinois is decent but decent isn't good enough for that program, and the chicago schools are god awful. Depaul is pathetic and I even think UIC is dead last in the horizon with Loyola not far behind....then SIU, ISU and Bradley are all .500 or below within MVC play...

Northwestern has had a good year for their program (especially without coble) but they probably still won't make their first tourney

that said, like dasox said, I am pretty happy with how my commodores have played...i just haven't been posting here much because ive been so busy

I am pleased with how Purdue has done so far this season. Games have all been a little too close for my liking though and with Lucas injured for Michigan State I see no reason as to why Purdue's odds don't improve to win the Big Ten.

DePaul on the other hand :ph34r:

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 07:52 AM)
the state of basketball in illinois is really bad right now....Illinois is decent but decent isn't good enough for that program, and the chicago schools are god awful. Depaul is pathetic and I even think UIC is dead last in the horizon with Loyola not far behind....then SIU, ISU and Bradley are all .500 or below within MVC play...

Northwestern has had a good year for their program (especially without coble) but they probably still won't make their first tourney

that said, like dasox said, I am pretty happy with how my commodores have played...i just haven't been posting here much because ive been so busy

yeah, its bad when a state with the basketball talent Illinois has doesnt even have one team thats a lock for the tournament. The same in 08 when 0 Illinois schools made it

Despite the suckiness of the Illini, I've enjoyed the b-ball season, lots of good games in the Big Ten this year. The tournament is definitely gonna be wide open, although thats not always a good thing (see 2006).

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
Kyyle summed it up perfectly. We're the worst coached team in basketball, not exaggerating either.

Paul Hewitt says hello. I'm still waiting for the Outside the Lines report on the struggles of African-American coaches. Ernie Kent and Paul Hewitt are two of the worst coaches in America.