Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
rushing the court illinois?! wow...its a big win..but come on

Agreed, great win that IMO saves the hope for a tourney bid but this is embarrassing for me as an Illini student right now, no need for that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
I hate everything relating to the Illini, but I have no problem with them rushing the court.

I never have a problem with fans storming the floor. Let them have fun. Who cares.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
I never have a problem with fans storming the floor. Let them have fun. Who cares.

Sorry, but Indiana rushing the court against Minnesota when we were unranked is ridiculous. Show some class for yourself and your school. Beating an unranked team shouldn't be that big of an achievement.

Great game. Great win. Awful rushing the court. But what are you going to do? Bunch of 18-22 year olds trying to get on tv.

And gmafb on the refs. Michigan State is clearly the most physical of any team in the Big Ten. "Box out" means to check people out of the way. This was a physical game that I thought was called pretty well considering it's the Big Ten.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
And gmafb on the refs. Michigan State is clearly the most physical of any team in the Big Ten. "Box out" means to check people out of the way. This was a physical game that I thought was called pretty well considering it's the Big Ten.

I'm with you. I was unbiased and not sure what fathom was referring to.

Now the refs were CLEARLY favoring Northern Iowa tonight. :P

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 04:16 AM)
Great game. Great win. Awful rushing the court. But what are you going to do? Bunch of 18-22 year olds trying to get on tv.

The and-1 with a little over a minute left was comical. Then, the tie up under the hoop was called a foul all night. I wouldn't expect Illinois fans to ever admit they got the benefit of the doubt from refs though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
The and-1 with a little over a minute left was comical. Then, the tie up under the hoop was called a foul all night. I wouldn't expect Illinois fans to ever admit they got the benefit of the doubt from refs though.

College basketball just this year implemented the continuation rule, the goal being that guys shouldn't be able to grab a guy whose blown passed them just to stop them from scoring. If it's all a continuation it counts. That's exactly what happened. I think that one was pretty debatable, i'll grant you that, but it's a game at Illinois with Illinois making a run. Teams that go to the basket get the benefit of those calls in every game.

I disagree on the tie up. Yeah he was grabbing arm/hands, but that's the way they let them play the whole game. A foul would have been a bail out call, he was going nowhere.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 05:28 AM)
College basketball just this year implemented the continuation rule, the goal being that guys shouldn't be able to grab a guy whose blown passed them just to stop them from scoring. If it's all a continuation it counts. That's exactly what happened. I think that one was pretty debatable, i'll grant you that, but it's a game at Illinois with Illinois making a run. Teams that go to the basket get the benefit of those calls in every game.

Exactly what being homered means. It happens everywhere, but I just get frustrated when so many Illini fans seem to think they're the only ones who get s*** on by refs. For people like chimpy, palehose, and myself, just be happy you don't have to watch your teams play at Duke. Hell, Gani Lawal and D. Favors walked off the bus with 2 fouls on Thursday night at Cameron.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 12:23 AM)
It's crazy to think that two of maybe the 5 best guards in America (Turner and McCamey) were in the same high school backcourt.

McCamey has matured alot in his game, hes really impressed me thus far. Hopefully this Mich St game is an indication that the team is ready to live up to its potential.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
Exactly what being homered means. It happens everywhere, but I just get frustrated when so many Illini fans seem to think they're the only ones who get s*** on by refs. For people like chimpy, palehose, and myself, just be happy you don't have to watch your teams play at Duke. Hell, Gani Lawal and D. Favors walked off the bus with 2 fouls on Thursday night at Cameron.

Dukie V's lovefest for the ACC about made me puke in this game. It's a national game with about 90% people from the midwest or alums watching. We don't give 2 s***s about the greatness of rat face, scheyer, or whatever cock massaging crap he wants to say about them. Ditto with the Calipari love. I can't wait until that guy retires.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)

Personally, I expect homering for almost every team, but it may be seen more here just because we have alot of Illini fans on the site.

The one thing that I notice that the Illini get unfairly is placement in the Tourney, now that could just be me but I remember alot of years where the Illini were placed lower than expected (by journalists, not just Illini fans) and/or placed in unfavorable locations.

Demetri McCamey, WOW. Good win for the Illini, but still gotta beat some more teams that are better to secure a bid.

Orange Krush represented well during the day but I definitely didn't like the rushing of the court vs. a conference rival whose best player was out. Then again, most of those kids havent seen much success from the team the last few years, so I guess I understand.

As far as the refs go, we definitely got some calls at the end, especially the BP3 continuation where I didnt even see a foul in the first place. Any basketball game is gonna have a team feeling biased off the refs though, especially a team on the road. It kinda sucks, but its such a tough game to officiate.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)
Well you absolutely should. That was pathetic.

I agree. You beat a State team without their best player and you have to rush the court?

We didn't win anything yet.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
I agree. You beat a State team without their best player and you have to rush the court?

We didn't win anything yet.

I agree 100% but I guess the kids in school now havent seen any real basketball success. I did like K-State two weeks ago beating #1 Texas and not rushing the court. Then again, if we want to be an elite program like Indiana, then we should rush the court every time we beat a highly unranked team like Minnesota.