Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
My sentimental side wishes Paul was playing better and contributing more.

He is playing the way he did as a soph on varsity at Warren. Trying to do too much at times.

He played great in the 2nd half against MSU. All he really needs to do is learn better shot selection. He is going to be a stud without a doubt though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)

West Virginia has also lost at home to Syracuse and doesn't have near the home court advantage as Wisconsin does. Besides Weber the Big 10 is simply not capable of winning at Wisconsin. Plus I said might be, I wasn't making a definitive statement.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
West Virginia has also lost at home to Syracuse and doesn't have near the home court advantage as Wisconsin does. Besides Weber the Big 10 is simply not capable of winning at Wisconsin.

50% of Bo's losses at home belong to Weber. f*** the idiots who think he can't coach (not necessarily anyone here but they are out there)

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)

I know you hate Illinois, but it's still a very impressive win tonight (although it's hyperbolic to call it maybe the best one in America this year).

I still don't think Illinois has a realistic shot at winning the Big 10, but that's only due to the schedule. They seem to be figuring it out, and should have no problem making the tournament if they continue to perform as they have lately.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
Wow have the Illini turned around their season, McCamey is playing out of his mind... him and Turner are both pretty remarkable right now.

Maybe this will be the end of posts about how McCamey will never be a real point guard. It's true he doesn't look like point guard and he's not quick, but he's always had great court vision. He's been shooting the lights out the last 2 games and so people love him now, but he's been leading the Big Ten in assists all season.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
Maybe this will be the end of posts about how McCamey will never be a real point guard. It's true he doesn't look like point guard and he's not quick, but he's always had great court vision. He's been shooting the lights out the last 2 games and so people love him now, but he's been leading the Big Ten in assists all season.

His assist/turnover ratio is 2/1 and he's 2nd in the Big Ten in assists. He could do a better job not turning it over, but other than that, he looks like a legit point guard.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Hitless, can you now concede that Illinois has a much better team than Indiana (and Penn State)?

Ummm...sure, I'll concede that. In my defense, the Big Ten is a little whacked this season. Penn State almost won at Kohl, and the same Purdue team that is taking apart MSU in East Lansing almost lost to Indiana. It's been hard to figure out just how good anyone actually is.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
I know you hate Illinois, but it's still a very impressive win tonight (although it's hyperbolic to call it maybe the best one in America this year).

I still don't think Illinois has a realistic shot at winning the Big 10, but that's only due to the schedule. They seem to be figuring it out, and should have no problem making the tournament if they continue to perform as they have lately.

No doubt it's a good win. It honestly doesn't surprise me, as Illinois has significantly better talent than Wisconsin (especially with Leuer out). McCamey's playing as well as anyone in the country, as he's really carrying the Illini right now.