Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

That game royally sucked. NU didn't play well at all, but Iowa still needed to shoot 12-24 from the arc to maintain their lead. They didn't really have much of an at-large shot before or after this game, they'd pretty much need to beat Wisconsin and win at least 2 in the conference tournament.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
It's unfortunate that America is being subjected to this UNC-Duke game. What a hideous display of basketball.

what are you talking about baby! it's the ACC! North Carolina! The Dukies! It's the epicenter of basketball! It doesn't get any better than this baby!! Ohhhhhh!

(that was an UGLY game. I dunno how UNC has fallin that much given the amount of talent on that team. And Duke is going to get killed once they play a team that actually makes them work on both ends of the floor)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
what are you talking about baby! it's the ACC! North Carolina! The Dukies! It's the epicenter of basketball! It doesn't get any better than this baby!! Ohhhhhh!

(that was an UGLY game. I dunno how UNC has fallin that much given the amount of talent on that team. And Duke is going to get killed once they play a team that actually makes them work on both ends of the floor)

Roy only has 7 mickey D's All-Americans this year. Can't expect him to do much with that. Thankfully next year he will likely have 10, so maybe something can happen then.

In all seriousness, it's amazing how many guys on UNC's roster just don't give a crap. Deon Thompson has always belonged in the WNBA, but then you throw in Ed Davis' laziness and absolutely no guard play, and it's a disastrous year.

Watching Ed Davis play over and over again, I just am completely baffled at how Ed Davis is a potential lottery pick. He's horrendous offensively, and lazy in the weight room. Brandan Wright was twice the prospect, and look at his struggles.

Oh well, next year should be a great improvement.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
That game royally sucked. NU didn't play well at all, but Iowa still needed to shoot 12-24 from the arc to maintain their lead. They didn't really have much of an at-large shot before or after this game, they'd pretty much need to beat Wisconsin and win at least 2 in the conference tournament.

That sucks, was hoping this would finally be their year. If Coble doesnt miss the whole year, I bet they probably got those couple extra wins they need right now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
That sucks, was hoping this would finally be their year. If Coble doesnt miss the whole year, I bet they probably got those couple extra wins they need right now.

I think Carmody's BTCOTY award just flew out the window, although who knows, maybe they can make a run in the tourney.

Comes down to Painter, Ryan, Weber and Matta I think, in that order (as of now). If Illinois can somehow win on Sunday, Weber (and Illinois') stock jumps dramatically.

Gonna be in Lawrence this weekend, and catching the Saturday night showdown between ISU-KU. Should be cool to check out what Allen Fieldhouse is all about, and would be even cooler to get to see the Cyclones knock off #1. But I won't be keeping my hopes up for the latter.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
Hopefully Roy Boy retires and rids us all of his whining and complaining.

Been a horrible year all around for my Heels, and Roy has to be front and center with the horrid year. He does get a major pass with 2 national titles in the past 5 years, and still holding the best win percentage of all time as a coach. You have a long wait for his retirement and the "whining and complaining" to go away. Get "em now things should be back to form next year. LOL

Poorly played game last night by both teams. I thought Davis clearly damaged his wrist severly enough to take him out of the game. From the point of his injury (down 1 with about 5 minutes left) he missed both free throws badly, then missed a front end of a 1 and 1 on the next trip, badly again, followed by fumbleing an easy pass from Drew for a dunk out of bounds. Those 3 possesions were the difference, as Duke pushed forward. Roy should have realized that a strictly left handed player with no mobility of his left wrist could not do anything productive, and replaced him with an able bodied guy. The better team won (not saying much, everyone seems better then the Heels in the ACC at this point), but the game was there to steal which would have been nice against the Dookies.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
Gonna be in Lawrence this weekend, and catching the Saturday night showdown between ISU-KU. Should be cool to check out what Allen Fieldhouse is all about, and would be even cooler to get to see the Cyclones knock off #1. But I won't be keeping my hopes up for the latter.

Need any recommendations for food/places to go boozing. Allen Fieldhouse is amazing.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Need any recommendations for food/places to go boozing. Allen Fieldhouse is amazing.

My wife's sister goes to school there now, so visiting her is the reason we are headed down there. So I'm sure she'll have all the places picked out that we need to go to. When we were picking weekends, I definitely made sure there was a game going on to check it out.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)

Have fun. Boo Greg McDermott for me.

Is the Big 10 seriously talking to Texas - and is Texas listening?

Texas is way too far away for Big 10 athletes to travel to. The lesser non-revenue sports are going to be spending way too much in travel expense if Texas joins.

Plus, there goes the Texas-Texas A&M/Texas-Oklahoma rivalries then. That would kill any conference change, in my opinion.