Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

Was sick in bed yesterday so watched the whole OSU/Illini and Minn/NW games. I think OSU goes further than anyother Big 10 team in they tournament. Them and/or Purdue.

P.S. I LOVE Gus JOhnson and Greg Anthony together.

Edited by Brian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Was sick in bed yesterday so watched the whole OSU/Illini and Minn/NW games. I think OSU goes further than anyother Big 10 team in they tournament. Them and/or Purdue.

My only worry for OSU would be their lack of depth. They go 6, maybe 7 deep. Get in a little bit of foul trouble during the tourney, and you can get sent home just like that.

Gus Johnson should announce every college basketball game. Just Awesome.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
My only worry for OSU would be their lack of depth. They go 6, maybe 7 deep. Get in a little bit of foul trouble during the tourney, and you can get sent home just like that.

Gus Johnson should announce every college basketball game. Just Awesome.

They only go 2-deep with post players which is a huge weakness. Any team with a big inside presence will give the Buckeyes problems.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
They only go 2-deep with post players which is a huge weakness. Any team with a big inside presence will give the Buckeyes problems.

Purdue has the same problem as far as Big guy depth. If JuJuan Johnson struggles or has foul trouble the Boilers have HUGE problems. See their 3 game losing streak. OSU could have a deep run, especially if Evan Turner just lights it up, but I will take Purdue to go further with the Big 3. E'Twaun Moore could have a really good tourney in my opinion.

OSU is basically Duke from the last decade. Nice guards and wings that can shoot it, but little to no inside depth and therefore they'll lose once the shots stop going in.

My money is on MSU because they can run with anyone. If the shots aren't falling their rebounding/transition game will keep them close.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
Excellent. Saluki fans are always very fun. I like pretty much all MVC fanbases with the exceptions of Bradley and Creighton. Creighton fans just suck.

I've only had trouble with the Creighton fan base. There was almost a huge brawl in our hotel lobby in 07 with SIU and Creighton fan bases. But ya, besides that everyone else has been just fine.

The most classic encounter I've ever had was with some Wichita fans. Telling us how coked out they were and some crazy party they went to the night before. Had pictures too, interesting people.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
I've only had trouble with the Creighton fan base. There was almost a huge brawl in our hotel lobby in 07 with SIU and Creighton fan bases. But ya, besides that everyone else has been just fine.

The most classic encounter I've ever had was with some Wichita fans. Telling us how coked out they were and some crazy party they went to the night before. Had pictures too, interesting people.

That's pretty funny actually. By far the craziest people I have met have also been Wichita fans.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)

I used to be on the Gus Johnson bandwagon, but after listening to him do more games on the BTN, it really struck me how moronic he is. His enthusiasm is great and really brings a lot to any close game, and I wouldn't have anyone else announcing a close overtime game in the NCAA Tournament, but for the most part he's just an idiot. I liked it better when I only listened to him in March and was able to mostly ignore him until the end of the games.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
So we're in a tie game with 8 minutes left in the 2nd half. I'll bet anyone a billion dollars that we lose by about 4 and have about 3 turnovers in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Close enough. Holy crap does Kevin Dillard suck and holy crap Chris Lowery is terrible. And god damnit, I hate my life.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
Close enough. Holy crap does Kevin Dillard suck and holy crap Chris Lowery is terrible. And god damnit, I hate my life.

Judging by his facebook updates, Dillard seems really down on himself. He was posting crazy stuff after the UNI game.