Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 07:09 PM)
Ha, watching Roy "coach" this team is just unbearable this year, you can clearly tell he has absolutely no idea how to fix it.

At least you know UNC will be back. GT continues to find new and exciting ways to lose.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 12:26 AM)
How is Hewitt's job security? The fact that they are so mediocre with 3 1st round draft choices is truly incredible.

He has a rollover contract that makes it very hard to fire him. However, they have a great AD, so I think he's gone after this year. And Gani Lawal isn't a 1st round draft pick. He's TERRIBLE...not even ACC starting caliber now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
McCamey's easily the best pg in college basketball right now.

Did John Wall or Scottie Reynolds die or something?

McCamey's maybe the best PG in the B10. Even then, I'd give that to Kalin Lucas.

I know this is high school basketball, but I think I saw the worst officiating crew ever last night. Not in terms of fouls, but in terms of working together and having control of a game. In this game I saw...

-A player get blood on his jersey from a hard foul. They took the player off of the FT line and walked him over to the bench properly. The coach put in a new player who walked over to the FT line to get ready to take the shot. Then the same official walked back to the scorers bench and had a minute long conversation with them, while the other two officials stood and watched. Only to come back and have no conversation with his crew, and go right to their spots.

-A player got fouled in the backcourt to put him team into the bonus. Everyone walks down to the other end of the floor to shoot FTs. The baseline official gives the shooter the ball, and then in the middle of the kid shooting the first attempt, he blows the whistle and stops him, but not before he hits the FT. That official then walks all of the way back to half court to talk to the trailing official who made the original call. They wipe out the make. Eventually they walk back and shoot them again, and of course the shooter manages to hit the first and miss the second FT.

-A player fouled out on a foul in the back court. The official walks over to the scorers bench and gets the signal that the player has fouled out. Instead of walking the player back to the bench, he walks back to half court into his alignment for a free throw. The fouled out player walks down the floor and gets into position for the free throw attempt The other two officials who apparently aren't paying any attention go ahead and assume everything is OK. The baseline ref, gives the ball to the FT shooter, who promptly hits a FT, with an illegal player still on the floor. The half court official finally realizing what was going on, stops play and then finally walks the fouled out player back to his bench, forcing a substitution. This time the FT is counted.

-In the last nine seconds of a two point game, a foul is given in the back court to force more FTs. The player receiving the foul get frustrated and shoves away the player who gave the foul as they walk down court for the FTs. Now it is possible no one saw the situation because they were moving down for the FTs. When they get to the FT line, the kid who committed the foul steps into the lane and stands in front of the shooter, who promptly shoves him again. This time everyone is watching, including all three officials who are in their properly places for the free throw. The baseline official was holding the ball ready to give it to the shooter. Not a word is said to anyone. Not to the shooter, nor the kid basically taunting the shooter.

It was just brutal.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 06:38 AM)
Did John Wall or Scottie Reynolds die or something?

McCamey's maybe the best PG in the B10. Even then, I'd give that to Kalin Lucas.

First, Reynolds is a shooting guard for Villanova this season. Fisher is clearly their point guard. Second, John Wall's been pretty miserable during conference play. As for Kalin Lucas, no. It's a battle between Lucas and Sherron Collins for most overrated player in the country. And don't forget, I hate Illinois with a passion.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 07:57 AM)
I know this is high school basketball, but I think I saw the worst officiating crew ever last night. Not in terms of fouls, but in terms of working together and having control of a game. In this game I saw...

-A player get blood on his jersey from a hard foul. They took the player off of the FT line and walked him over to the bench properly. The coach put in a new player who walked over to the FT line to get ready to take the shot. Then the same official walked back to the scorers bench and had a minute long conversation with them, while the other two officials stood and watched. Only to come back and have no conversation with his crew, and go right to their spots.

-A player got fouled in the backcourt to put him team into the bonus. Everyone walks down to the other end of the floor to shoot FTs. The baseline official gives the shooter the ball, and then in the middle of the kid shooting the first attempt, he blows the whistle and stops him, but not before he hits the FT. That official then walks all of the way back to half court to talk to the trailing official who made the original call. They wipe out the make. Eventually they walk back and shoot them again, and of course the shooter manages to hit the first and miss the second FT.

-A player fouled out on a foul in the back court. The official walks over to the scorers bench and gets the signal that the player has fouled out. Instead of walking the player back to the bench, he walks back to half court into his alignment for a free throw. The fouled out player walks down the floor and gets into position for the free throw attempt The other two officials who apparently aren't paying any attention go ahead and assume everything is OK. The baseline ref, gives the ball to the FT shooter, who promptly hits a FT, with an illegal player still on the floor. The half court official finally realizing what was going on, stops play and then finally walks the fouled out player back to his bench, forcing a substitution. This time the FT is counted.

-In the last nine seconds of a two point game, a foul is given in the back court to force more FTs. The player receiving the foul get frustrated and shoves away the player who gave the foul as they walk down court for the FTs. Now it is possible no one saw the situation because they were moving down for the FTs. When they get to the FT line, the kid who committed the foul steps into the lane and stands in front of the shooter, who promptly shoves him again. This time everyone is watching, including all three officials who are in their properly places for the free throw. The baseline official was holding the ball ready to give it to the shooter. Not a word is said to anyone. Not to the shooter, nor the kid basically taunting the shooter.

It was just brutal.

cool story bro

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 12:13 PM)
Sherron Collins is laughing at you.

McCamey averages more points, assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks per game than Collins, shoots better from the field and 3 point range, and plays more minutes. All with a supporting cast not 1/10th the one Collins has. Other than that, I'd say Collins is better though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
McCamey averages more points, assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks per game than Collins, shoots better from the field and 3 point range, and plays more minutes. All with a supporting cast not 1/10th the one Collins has. Other than that, I'd say Collins is better though.

When Collins leads his team to his 2nd national championship this year, he will send you a best wishes card.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
When Collins leads his team to his 2nd national championship this year, he will send you a best wishes card.

That still doesn't make him a better point guard. He's just a very solid point guard on a great team, nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)
That still doesn't make him a better point guard. He's just a very solid point guard on a great team, nothing wrong with that.

He's not even the pg for Kansas when Taylor's in the game. Collins is going to have a nice career in Turkey though.