Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
BTW, John Beilein is a dumbass. You have a team that has no good 3 pt shooters and you have your team do nothing but jack up 3 pt shots. Smart coaching.

He has a kid, Matt Vogrich, who is deadly from behind the arc and was an All Stater last year, yet never plays him. Leaves Douglas and Novak out there to punish the rims with their bricks.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
What gives with the awful recruiting classes in the Big 10 the last few seasons? It seems that most of the good players are juniors and seniors. Teams like Purdue and Michigan are going to be in a world of trouble when their current junior/senior classes leave.

Big 10 recruiting actually isn't that bad, although Purdue is in serious trouble when their current upperclassmen leave if they don't pick up the pace. Anyways, Illinois should be in if they can beat Minnesota at home this weekend (although 1 more win to get them to 20 would assure it IMO.) Absolutely must win against the Gophers though.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
I hate Chris Lowery. I hate him with a passion.

The dropoff in that program has been shocking to see, and although I can't speak for past seasons, I will say that they have lost an incredible amount of close games this season.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
Big 10 recruiting actually isn't that bad, although Purdue is in serious trouble when their current upperclassmen leave if they don't pick up the pace. Anyways, Illinois should be in if they can beat Minnesota at home this weekend (although 1 more win to get them to 20 would assure it IMO.) Absolutely must win against the Gophers though.

The dropoff in that program has been shocking to see, and although I can't speak for past seasons, I will say that they have lost an incredible amount of close games this season.

We have to of lost at least 6 or 7 games when we were winning in the last minutes of the game. Our exeution down the stretch is vomit enducing and what we run out of timeouts and down the streth are so lame and predictable.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
We have to of lost at least 6 or 7 games when we were winning in the last minutes of the game. Our exeution down the stretch is vomit enducing and what we run out of timeouts and down the streth are so lame and predictable.

I seriously cringe every time he takes a time out in the last few minutes. We literally turn the ball over about 90 percent of the time out of a timeout in the last couple minutes of a game, it's absolutely god damn f***in pathetic.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
I seriously cringe every time he takes a time out in the last few minutes. We literally turn the ball over about 90 percent of the time out of a timeout in the last couple minutes of a game, it's absolutely god damn f***in pathetic.

Altman just bided his time and pantsed Lowery at the end. He waited for Lowery to go away from what was working(Teague and Fay), and just forced Young down the lane repeatedly.

Refs hate Booker, btw. That kid gets called for a foul for breathing wrong. He must whine a lot or something, I cannot recall a player that gets called for more ticky tack fouls than him.

Huge game for the Gophers against Purdue tonight. If we win, we've got a chance at somehow sneaking into the tournament (along with a win at Illinois this weekend). If we lose, we can basically kiss those hopes good-bye unless we pull off a miracle in the Big Ten Tournament. It seems unlikely that we'll be able to pull this off, but at least this game is in Minneapolis. Hopefully the team can feed off the energy in the Barn and pull off an upset.

Also, Tubby Smith reprimanded the student section for "f*** the Badgers" and "f*** Bo Ryan" chants in the Wisconsin game. Fun fun fun.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 03:47 AM)
And Purdue is horrible without Hummel. They are so royally screwed once that JR class is gone. THey have no talent at all in their sophomore and freshmen classes.

Yep, they're maybe a top 50 team without him, and that's only cause they play good defense.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
And Purdue is horrible without Hummel. They are so royally screwed once that JR class is gone. THey have no talent at all in their sophomore and freshmen classes.

They are quickly going to be an also ran. Ill, OSU, MSU, IU, Wisco and prob Minny will be the top tier.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
They are quickly going to be an also ran. Ill, OSU, MSU, IU, Wisco and prob Minny will be the top tier.

Crean really isn't recruiting that well to make me think IU will be in the top tier and really that goes for Minnesota as well.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
Crean really isn't recruiting that well to make me think IU will be in the top tier and really that goes for Minnesota as well.

He got a really late start on 2010 and he's in tight with a lot of 2011 and 2012 Indiana prep players. Those two classes on paper look to be phenomenal for the Hoosier State, so hopefully he can pull in a few once the Hoosiers prove their worth next year. I just hope the Watford transfer rumors are untrue. The addition of Creek will be huge next year as I think our record would be completely different with him for the bigten season.

As I have stated before, I go to Purdue and you'd think that Purdue has the Hoosier State on lock down and are on track for multiple national titles by the way the fans speak. Its already showing how much the big three mean to the team and how bad the underclassmen really are.

Hummels back on the bench, but still no word.