Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big east is so over-rated.

12 of 16 through day 1 is the best start I've ever had. I'm sure its going to go nowhere from downhill from here. 97th percentile currently. Hopefully it holds up though, would love to win the annual pool I'm in for the 2nd time in 4 years.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 08:44 AM)
Big east is so over-rated.

12 of 16 through day 1 is the best start I've ever had. I'm sure its going to go nowhere from downhill from here. 97th percentile currently. Hopefully it holds up though, would love to win the annual pool I'm in for the 2nd time in 4 years.

In 2000 when Michigan St won it all I was 12 of 16 on the first day and then 16 of 16 on the Friday. It was incredible. I ended up winning a $2000 pool on the trading floor that year. I haven't been close since.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
That was clearly the best first day of the tourney we've seen in years. How many last second shots can we possibly see back to back to back. Unreal. Hopefully today is just as good (except hopefully an OSU win by big)

If today is half as good, I will be thrilled.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
This was written by the guy who does color commentary for me when we broadcast high school basketball together. He is also the Sports Editor at our local paper, and he pretty much hits it right on the head.

AKA Parky hits it out of the park. I love the first weekend of the NCAA's.

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/articles/20...2f405229594.txt

That was an excellent story. The first part of it really speaks to me haha.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 10:41 AM)
Whatever last second shots there end up being today, I hope most of them are in Buffalo, where one Gus Johnson will be calling the games.

This.

I just want to see a 16 upset a 1. I don't care if it ruins my bracket.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Good to see UTEP and Utah State made the most of their at-large bids.

After the worst seeding job in tournament history, the SC proved they couldn't get the bubble teams right either. Time to clean house, though it's on a rotation anyways.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
After the worst seeding job in tournament history, the SC proved they couldn't get the bubble teams right either. Time to clean house, though it's on a rotation anyways.

Losing a game these teams were supposed to lose proves they didn't belong in the tournament? I'm calling bulls***.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
Did you watch them? Then yes, you would agree.

No, first off UTEP was up 6 at half. Second, what they do in the tourney is completely, 100%, irrelevant to their selection into the tourney. Their selection was based on what they accomplished before the tourney, not based on what they could do in it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
The last teams in and the first teams out this year were garbage. It was a tallest midget contest. None of them really belonged.

Exactly.

The teams left out wouldve lost too. It's easy to sit back and say they wouldve played a better game but too bad.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
Well no duh. It just confirmed that they didn't belong to begin with.

You completely missed the point of what I said. A team's performance in the tournament does not prove or disprove whether they belonged or not.

Utah St. was awful, I didn't think they should have made it. In all honesty, the final teams in the tournament should be the ones you think could pull off an upset. Miss St. and Illinois should have made it, as they played tough against top competition.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 02:47 AM)
You completely missed the point of what I said. A team's performance in the tournament does not prove or disprove whether they belonged or not.

Well, you're wrong on that. It doesn't change what the SC should have done (but they got it wrong to begin with), but rather in this particular case just confirms they could not hang with tough competition that they basically never bothered to play against in the regular season.