Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
St. Louis qualifies as a "real" team . LOL. Well, you did just say real, not good, so maybe I can buy that. N'western? ND I'll give ya .

More real than Idaho State, Drake, Tennessee State or Mississippi Valley State.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
The one on ESPNU between the #21 team in the country at home vs. a team from the Southern Conference.

I agree, Wofford wasn't bad, but expected better than the Illini having to pull away in the last 6 minutes to squeak a win out.

As said before, Wofford is a tough team. Plus, it was a potential trap game, Illini going to Vegas shortly, half full Assembly Hall, team that has played well. But the Illini pulled it out.

Demarcus Cousins really is one of the dumbest players to ever step on a basketball court. I love watching Landry Fields play, probably the most underrated player in the country.

Oh, and John Wall is a phenomenal player, but someone needs to tell him to stop posing after every play he makes. I hope Varnado throws his dunk attempts into the 20th row when Kentucky plays Miss St.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 26, 2009 -> 05:55 AM)
It's going to be a great day when Wall blows out a knee celebrating like little b****. God I hate Kentucky. I would actually root for Duke over UK. UK is everything that is wrong with college basketball.

Yep, both Wall and Cousins are despicable with their actions on the court. It's too bad, as Patterson is a class act and those bafoons act like that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 26, 2009 -> 12:59 AM)
I'm not referring to Wall's dunk at the end of the game. The whole game, he was posing after baskets and flexing, etc.

Fair enough, I thought you were mostly referring to the end of the game which I thought was pretty standard. I understand what you are saying though, definitely gets ridiculous at times.

I was over the top with wanting Wall hurt. But I can't stand seeing kids like Wall and Cousins who are paid to play at a school, have no possible way that they were eligible for admission, and play for a coach that doesn't get caught cheating until he leaves a school. Put all that together at one of the biggest cheating basketball programs in history, and it's just disgusting to see them win at all.

Huge win for the Gophers tonight over Butler. It was an ugly game thanks to some awful refs, but a win is a win, especially against a top 10 opponent on a neutral court. Plus, considering we were playing with a short bench thanks to the suspensions, so this was a really huge win. Damian Johnson had a down game defensively, but scored 18 and looked pretty damn good around the basket all night. Devoe Joseph was great off the bench as usual, and really came up big for most of the second when Nolen was out of the game thanks to fouls.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 02:14 AM)
UCLA gets destroyed by Portland.

Oklahoma has lost to San Diego and Houston in the last two days.

OU was on FCS Pacific last night. OU was hot early but displayed no consistency. Houston just ran past them.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)
You have directv also? those announcers were funny how excited they were.

I was watching on Wednesday night when they were calling the Washington State vs Alaska-Anchorage game. They were going bonkers everytime A-A scored. Some pretty funny stuff. The Great Alaskan Shootout used to be such a strong tournament, but it's really faded off. They only have 6 teams in it this season.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 11:44 AM)
You have directv also? those announcers were funny how excited they were.

Sports Pak on Mediacom. We get all three FCS channels (I'm at home)

They would just yell into the mic randomly.

Also, Jimbo will get a kick out of this:

Take it from veteran basketball coach Rick Majerus. Iowa State is good.

Top-ranked Kansas good.

“I haven’t seen Kansas in person, but if there’s better material with depth – I mean, that would surprise me,” Majerus said of the Cyclones after they defeated the Saint Louis team he coaches 65-54 at UIC Pavilion Friday in the semifinal round of the Chicago Invitational Challenge.

Rough first half for Minnesota against Portland tonight, trailing 33-27 at the break. Portland has played pretty well, but I'm thinking our offense will come around some in the second. Otherwise, this game could end poorly for the Gophers.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
Go Cats! :D

The season is far from over, they've still got some pretty solid players. If they make their shots, they'll be dangerous.

So much for the Brackins/Harangody matchup.

Tomorrow night should be a good game.