Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
I'm shocked FSU is back in the Top 25. We have looked terrible this year. I hope they can fix the turnovers for the rest of ACC play.

You guys are awesome defensively, and will only get better as Hamilton shortens his bench.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
anyone going to the Illini game @ the UC?

I'll be there. No idea what to expect, with the up & down play from Illinois this year & dont know how good Gonzaga truly is. Illini do usually play pretty well at the UC though

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)

Pssh, collegiate career? Being an overhyped ball hog who sits on the bench? I was pumped when this one time blue-chip recruit decided to transfer to Illinois, but it was pretty clear why Kentucky wasn't crying when he wanted to leave. The guy is known as a lights out shooter, yet can't shoot. He doesn't play defense and his ball handling kinda sucks. There's a reason 2 freshman and a walk-on were beating him for minutes.

Enjoy your 6 year college career, ending at San Diego State or the like.

So every Valley game tonight opened in Vegas as Pick 'em except the SIU game, obviously some of those spreads have changed but that's absolutely nuts none the less.

Hoping for the first time this year we actually come to play for 40 minutes otherwise it might be a long night. Indiana State is much improved and even though it's a home game, I'd bet there is about a whole 12 people at the arena tonight.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
So every Valley game tonight opened in Vegas as Pick 'em except the SIU game, obviously some of those spreads have changed but that's absolutely nuts none the less.

Hoping for the first time this year we actually come to play for 40 minutes otherwise it might be a long night. Indiana State is much improved and even though it's a home game, I'd bet there is about a whole 12 people at the arena tonight.

ISU favored by 1 :P.

I can't wait though I don't believe I'm going to find a stream sadly.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
I'm glad I just got to witness the most pathetic 10 minute stretch of basketball I've ever seen in my life. Holy f*** what a brutal half.

We're a second half team...right?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 07:59 PM)
We're a last 2 minute of the game team apparently. Whatever, I'm getting used to the uglyness, lets just get a win.

Ugly basketball was the hallmark of their tournament run 02-07, so it doesnt phase me anymore :)

And with that ugly drought, they were still only down 2 at the half

Salukis win 70-52 over Indiana Stare in the first conference action of the season. Tony Freeman was unconscious from 3, and ended up with 19 points. Good win for the Dawgs, they have had some problems with InSt the past 3 years

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
Ugly basketball was the hallmark of their tournament run 02-07, so it doesnt phase me anymore :)

And with that ugly drought, they were still only down 2 at the half

Hell, I loved ugly ball back in the glory days. That was a different team though, this team can't do what they did and I just expect more offensively overall out of this group. They FINALLLLLLLLY showed what they can do in the 2nd half today. The defense was beautiful, the run outs, the shooting, everything was just pertty in the 2nd half and all with Kevin, Tony and Carlton on the bench.

Good start, now here comes the tough road trip.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
Wichita State 57

Illinois State 72 Final

Well ISU just beat an a very solid 11-1 Wichita State team handily. Theres you non cupcake win Jimbo. Great way to start Valley play.

Thought you guys would win, wasn't expecting it to be that easy.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
Thought you guys would win, wasn't expecting it to be that easy.

I thought we were going to lose haha, but they played their best basketball of the season tonight and have been playing great the last 3 games. Congrats on beating Indystate something we can't seem to do lately.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
I'll be there. No idea what to expect, with the up & down play from Illinois this year & dont know how good Gonzaga truly is. Illini do usually play pretty well at the UC though

me too, games there are always fun