Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
Texas really struggled yesterday. Avery Bradley's been a bust so far this season, as Hamilton's probably their best freshman. I think Texas has amazing depth 1-10, but I'm not sure they have a scorer they can count on.

Yes they did but it was one game and one they probably just didn't take very seriously. Bradley hasn't been great but I surely wouldn't call him a bust. And as for having a scorer they can count on, Damion James is definitely that guy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
SIU-ISU I wont be attending either :(. Figured I'd stay up and watch this one on ESPNU, then go down next saturday and watch the UNI game.

Ya, I was going to go today as well but my plans changed a bit with this one being on the U. Going back to Cdale in a few days though for both home games this week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
So after watching way too much college basketball yesterday, Kansas is far and away the best team in the country. Their defense is outstanding, great depth, and Self has them playing great. It's ironic, as their two superstars haven't even improved this season (Aldrich and Collins). Henry is the 2nd best freshman in the country, and the Morris twins impress me. As long as they stay away from football players, this team should easily make the Final Four.

the Morris twins improvement has been mind boggling. We also have just added Withey into the mix, nothing wrong with another 7 footer.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 05:23 PM)
Chandler Parsons just hit a 70 footer to beat NC St at the buzzer.

Damn, that sucks.

Florida is really struggling right now. NC State is probably a bottom 3 ACC team when its all said and done.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
Very interested in this game tonight. I guess its the soxtalk basketball showdown.

That would be ISU-U of I haha.

Ya great half by ISU not, were lucky to only be down 5.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
That would be ISU-U of I haha.

Ya great half by ISU not, were lucky to only be down 5.

Tony Freeman was the biggest key for us, shutting down Osiris. We haven't played 2 halves once this year(not that we played that great either but still) so I expect no different here, I see Osiris going off in the 2nd and SIU losing by about 5 or so. Prove me wrong, Dawgs!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
Tony Freeman was the biggest key for us, shutting down Osiris. We haven't played 2 halves once this year(not that we played that great either but still) so I expect no different here, I see Osiris going off in the 2nd and SIU losing by about 5 or so. Prove me wrong, Dawgs!

Hopefully some of our shots start dropping or you will be proved wrong.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)

haha you were right..Well he went off the first 10 minutes or so.

That's about what I expected. It hurts a lot but I can't say I'm pissed as it's not like we were outclassed or anything. And yes Brian, specifically the 2 easy ones that JB missed and the dunk by Teague, if we make those easy ones we're obviously in a much better situation. And not to mention that Kevin's head was in his ass tonight, don't know wtf he was doing out there but I don't expect he'll play that bad the rest of the season.

Gotta shake this one off and serve home against UNI at home. If we can beat UNI we'll be in pretty good shape here.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
haha you were right..Well he went off the first 10 minutes or so.

Tony did a great job on Osiris. Seemed Eldridge did all his damage when Jon was on him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
That's about what I expected. It hurts a lot but I can't say I'm pissed as it's not like we were outclassed or anything. And yes Brian, specifically the 2 easy ones that JB missed and the dunk by Teague, if we make those easy ones we're obviously in a much better situation. And not to mention that Kevin's head was in his ass tonight, don't know wtf he was doing out there but I don't expect he'll play that bad the rest of the season.

Gotta shake this one off and serve home against UNI at home. If we can beat UNI we'll be in pretty good shape here.

UNI isn't that good. We're not that good and should have beat them.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)

Even with the loss, I don't feel as bad as I usually do. I'm still very optimistic. This team could be really good, just gotta put it together for all 40 minutes and make the easy shots

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 12:19 AM)
Even with the loss, I don't feel as bad as I usually do. I'm still very optimistic. This team could be really good, just gotta put it together for all 40 minutes and make the easy shots

You guys have a lot of potential if not this year, then youll be really good next year and after.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 12:45 AM)
I never said we didn't suck.

You said UNI isn't good because you were supposed to beat them and your not good. But you didn't beat them so how does that make UNI not good?