Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iowa State plays Duke in Chicago this Wednesday night, at the Horizon (or whatever its called now). Not sure they have ever played each other in the regular season. Probably going to be ugly for the Clones, but at least they will have a friendly crowd, more than likely.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 01:26 AM)
You said UNI isn't good because you were supposed to beat them and your not good. But you didn't beat them so how does that make UNI not good?

Because Iowa State should have beat them and choked it away in the second half. Both teams were evenly matched.

I got some last second free tickets to drive down and catch the Purdue/West Virginia game Saturday. Purdue really throttled W. Virginia defensivly, and Mackey arena was rockin'! I was impressed with the atmosphere. Tuesday with Minnesota in town should be a stern test for the Golden Gophers in Mackey. I will be back down there for the Ohio State game next Tuesday to cheer on E'twaun and the rest of the Boilers.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
I got some last second free tickets to drive down and catch the Purdue/West Virginia game Saturday. Purdue really throttled W. Virginia defensivly, and Mackey arena was rockin'! I was impressed with the atmosphere. Tuesday with Minnesota in town should be a stern test for the Golden Gophers in Mackey. I will be back down there for the Ohio State game next Tuesday to cheer on E'twaun and the rest of the Boilers.

Purdue will beat the buckeyes by at least 20, they are terrible without Turner.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)

I don't expect the Gophers to win, especially with Ralph Sampson likely out again with a sprained ankle. I like our small lineup, but I don't think we've got the depth right now to compete with Purdue on the road.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
I know they're dealing with some injuries but ouch UNC.

I can't believe that pollsters had this UNC team ranked in the top 10. They just aren't that good. Absolutely no senior leadership or toughness, and questionable guard play all-around. Next year will be much better if Ed Davis sticks around like he should.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
I can't believe that pollsters had this UNC team ranked in the top 10. They just aren't that good. Absolutely no senior leadership or toughness, and questionable guard play all-around. Next year will be much better if Ed Davis sticks around like he should.

Yep, they are awful young, with no real scoring from the perimeter. Ginyard and Graves being out adds to that problem. They can be dangerous by tourney time if they get healthy. First bad loss, well, the 'Cuse got 'em pretty good (#6). They were outplayed by Kentucky and Texas (#2 and #3), but went down to the final minutes on the road with both of them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 09:26 AM)
USC forfeited a bunch of wins and some tourney money after investigating the OJ Mayo recruiting.

So, is USC officially the most corrupt program in the country? Clearly the football team does nothing but cheat (yet doesn't get punished for it...still waiting on that Reggie Bush report), and now the basketball program. And is this really a surprise? A failed college/NBA coach lands the top recruit for a one and done year, and he did it on the up and up?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
So, is USC officially the most corrupt program in the country? Clearly the football team does nothing but cheat (yet doesn't get punished for it...still waiting on that Reggie Bush report), and now the basketball program. And is this really a surprise? A failed college/NBA coach lands the top recruit for a one and done year, and he did it on the up and up?

Makes you wonder how Syracuse got away with it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
Makes you wonder how Syracuse got away with it

Cause while Carmelo was a stud recruit, he didn't have the hype and baggage that Mayo did. Everyone in the world knew that Mayo had his handlers looking to get him the best deal. I feel bad for the USC players, as they've had a great last month and really were peaking going into PAC 10 season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
Another masterpiece by Paul Hewitt tonight. I'm sure facing Duke on Saturday will be a great way for GT to get on the board in the ACC.

We'll soften them up for you tomorrow. :)

Gophers got predictably worked last night against Purdue. We hung around for awhile, but our offense was too inconsistent to get anything done. I think we've got a chance against Purdue when we play them in Minneapolis, but we're going to need to shoot a lot better than 31%.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
Gophers got predictably worked last night against Purdue. We hung around for awhile, but our offense was too inconsistent to get anything done. I think we've got a chance against Purdue when we play them in Minneapolis, but we're going to need to shoot a lot better than 31%.

I was at the game, it was pretty ugly on both ends from what I saw. JJ is difference for Purdue. Unfortunately for them, they have no depth after him. If he gets in foul trouble, I can't see the guards carrying them past a good, well coached team. I was impressed with Minnesota's Johnson as well.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
I was at the game, it was pretty ugly on both ends from what I saw. JJ is difference for Purdue. Unfortunately for them, they have no depth after him. If he gets in foul trouble, I can't see the guards carrying them past a good, well coached team. I was impressed with Minnesota's Johnson as well.

Damian Johnson is fairly awesome defensively, but he leaves a lot to be desired offensively. He's definitely a candidate for Big 10 defensive player of the year after getting robbed of it last year.