Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
Completely disagree. He appeared upset at alot of the no-calls against the Gophers which was somewhat warranted, but also I thought he was more frustrated with the complete s*** show that surrounds him on his team. I would be pissed too if I had to play with the garbage that surrounds him day to day. I cant wait until this roster is completely turned over next season.

The refs yesterday were awful, no disagreeing there, but they were awful for both teams. There were plenty of no calls that went against the Gophers, and there were plenty of plays where Turner got phantom calls. Turner looked like he got especially pissed off in the second half when he continuously tried dribbling through the trap that he'd walk into at half court every time up. It took him a long time to realize that he couldn't take the ball upcourt himself every time, and by the time that happened, the Gophers had already taken a commanding lead in the game.

Turner is an incredibly talented player and he's probably going to be a great pro, but the b****ing and moaning gets old after awhile. It's one of the reasons that I hate watching LeBron and the Cavaliers play, it seems like all he does is complain. That's all I'm saying.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaahhh, that was awesome! Can't believe we won. I figured we'd hang close cause we play very well at home, but I didn't expect to win. This team is better without those thugs. I honestly didn't even really like UT basketball much b/c I don't like Pearl and our thug players. But now with those guys gone, this is a fun team to root for. We had 2 walk-ons play extensively tonight (McBee and Pearl) and somehow still won. I really can't believe it.

Graves and Drew shot it really well in the second half for my Tarheels last night. If they can get some consistant outside shooting the Heels can still be a tough squad to beat come tournament time. Dex & Drew are looking like they are becoming more comfortable attacking from the point and running more (especially Dex on the break). Still a lot of growing to do, but I'm encouraged with the possibility of the guard play to improve enough to help out Easy Ed and the rest of the front line. Playing at Clemson next looks like a very tough matchup for the young guards dealing with the Clemson pressure though. We will see if they continue to improve.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
Bah looks like Leur broke his wrist against Purdue.

Should be interesting how Wisconsin responds.

That is just a terrible loss for Wisky it will be tough to overcome, but with the slowdown big 10 style it may be easier to deal with grinding out some wins.

At this point I just hope that Wisconsin has done enough to secure a NCAA bid going .500 in Big 10 play and that Leur is only gone for 2 months.

The only bright side is that Leur broke the wrist early in the Purdue game, and they still were able to win even though he shot terribly.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
DePaul should hire Billy Gillispie

or should've tried to lure La-toe back. Honestly, they were made for each other as he could sell athletes on everything he had to offer as well as a big city. At Virginia he wasn't able to do any of that really.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
Illinois continues to be the worst first half team in America. Mike Davis putting on another one of his disappearing acts tonight.

Weber moving Jordan up in the depth chart over Paul?

SIU/Creighton on Comcast Sportsnet tomorrow. Glad I get to watch but not glad.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Weber moving Jordan up in the depth chart over Paul?

SIU/Creighton on Comcast Sportsnet tomorrow. Glad I get to watch but not glad.

Paul has been playing unbelievably bad basketball lately. Seems to have hit a wall. I'm sure when he starts making some shots again he'll get more PT. I hate Jordan and Cole but Weber doesn't really have any good options right now.