Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
Purdue is choking hard here at the end. Looks like Northwestern is going to hold on by bunch, unless Purdue can stage a miracle comeback and start making shots in the final minute of play.

They got cold, but that's a huge win for Northwestern. JaJuan Johnson was in foul trouble all game and as a result NU dominated the boards (how often can you say that against a Big Ten team?) NU still has a shot at the tourney now. The game vs. Illinois in a week will be huge for both teams. Both will probably be on the bubble come March so it could end up deciding the pecking order in Big Ten selection.

f***ing embarrassing. Awful game for the Gophers, terrible effort defensively and we deserved to lose. There was some awful officiating in this as well, some of the worst I've seen in a long time.

Indiana should also be embarrassed about their fanbase. They just rushed the court after being an unranked team. Great job, f***heads.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 03:02 AM)
Wow, Drake, a team that Iowa State positively destroyed in Des Moines.

Wow ISU is sooooo good so much better then my ISU.....your in the big 12, and my ISU would probably beat yours like 50% of the time. That's saying something.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 06:05 PM)
Indiana should also be embarrassed about their fanbase. They just rushed the court after being an unranked team. Great job, f***heads.

I agree with that. I understand how far they have fallen off the past two years, but thats just ridiculous. I'm sure a lot of the fans still consider themselves an"elite" program and I think that just shows what they really are. I thought it was kinda dumb that Michigan's fans stormed the court too. You beat the 15th ranked team that is on a 3-game losing streak, not to mention UM started the season ranked 15th as well

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)

Yeah, that was stupid. With like 5 minutes left in the second half we noticed that they put up the ropes to hold the crowd back, and we were like, are people really going to rush the court after a game against Minnesota?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 04:38 AM)
Wow ISU is sooooo good so much better then my ISU.....your in the big 12, and my ISU would probably beat yours like 50% of the time. That's saying something.

You should really stop claiming that Illinois State is just as good as decent major conference teams when they're losing to weak mid-majors. They've now lost to a 10-9 Niagra team (who played without their second leading scorer that game by the way), a 9-8 Ohio team and a 8-11 Drake team. That doesn't exactly suggest that they could play to a draw against a respectable major conference team like Iowa State.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 04:38 AM)

False, Iowa State is playing really competitve Bball in the nation's hardest conference. A player like Brackens is 100 times better than anyone in the MVC.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
False, Iowa State is playing really competitve Bball in the nation's hardest conference. A player like Brackens is 100 times better than anyone in the MVC.

I'm hoping we can put a scare into you guys, but going into Lubbock is much more important. If we can almost beat Texas, and we can beat Tech on Wednesday, it should be a really good crowd and we'll have a chance, however slim.

Nation's hardest conference?

Big 12 has 2 National title contenders, 1 presumably good team (K-State) and then others.

Id say the "hardest conference" right now is ACC or Big East. ACC has 4 ranked teams, Big East has 6.

Even the Big 10 has 4 ranked teams.

Just not sure by what objective standard Big 12 could be considered the "hardest conference". Its not #1 in RPI or Kenpom either. (In both of those ratings Big 12 is number 2, although in rpi has significantly lower SOS.)

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)

I didn't know Iowa State moved to the Big East this year...