Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)
Whose going to last longer...McDermott or Lickliter. Both have been massive busts.

I think Lickliter stays longer. McDermott has done just a brutal job with pretty good talent this season. Lickliter has some decent young players at Iowa, but you never hear them mentioned with top 50 prospects.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
I think Lickliter stays longer. McDermott has done just a brutal job with pretty good talent this season. Lickliter has some decent young players at Iowa, but you never hear them mentioned with top 50 prospects.

The problem with Lick is that he's had tons of players transfer out and they just have nothing. They are such an awful awful team. He's a good coach but I just dont' know if his style of basketball works in a major conference.

I still continue to hope and dream that Iowa can hire Steve Lavin. He might not be the greatest coach, but he can recruit, recruit, recruit. But he can only accept an Iowa job cause otherwise I want to hear him broadcasting (cause he's entertaining).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
The problem with Lick is that he's had tons of players transfer out and they just have nothing. They are such an awful awful team. He's a good coach but I just dont' know if his style of basketball works in a major conference.

I still continue to hope and dream that Iowa can hire Steve Lavin. He might not be the greatest coach, but he can recruit, recruit, recruit. But he can only accept an Iowa job cause otherwise I want to hear him broadcasting (cause he's entertaining).

McDermott has lost the following players since he took the job 4 seasons ago:

• Will Blalock (NBA draft pick)

• Mike Evanovich (Fairfield)

• Farnold Degand (NC State)

• Cory Johnson (Valpo)

• Ross Marsden (quit)

• Dodie Dunson (Bradley)

• Mike Taylor (kicked off, NBDL, then draft pick)

• Corey McIntosh (D2)

• Wesley Johnson (Syracuse, will be top 5 pick)

• Marcus Brister (quit)

• Clayton Vette (Winona State)

• Wes Eikmeier (Colorado State)

• Clinton Mann (Davidson)

• LA Pomlee (kicked off)

• Lucca Staiger (pros in Europe)

We're quite the feeder program.

If Lick can ever get the athletes, that program will be decent again.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
National title to NIT, now I know what Florida fans felt like a few years ago.

Sucks when its still January and basketball season is basically over for your favorite team. I know Miami didnt have high chance to make the tournament but atleast tease me into the month of February.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
We need a new coach.

Agreed. The team is running around like chickens with their heads cut off, he doesnt have a ready made tournament team anymore and he doesnt know what to do.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Agreed. The team is running around like chickens with their heads cut off, he doesnt have a ready made tournament team anymore and he doesnt know what to do.

I texted Justin after the game that it is inexcusable that we didn't give the ball to the post once in the last two minutes and both our last shots were for 3's when we needed a 2 to tie at home.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
I texted Justin after the game that it is inexcusable that we didn't give the ball to the post once in the last two minutes and both our last shots were for 3's when we needed a 2 to tie at home.

Where the hell was Teague all game? He better of been hurt, because if he was sat for some other reason then Lowery needs to pack his s*** tomorrow.

edit: Lowery sat him. Reasons to be specified later. Way to go Lowery, sit the MVC freshman player of the week

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
Where the hell was Teague all game? He better of been hurt, because if he was sat for some other reason then Lowery needs to pack his s*** tomorrow.

edit: Lowery sat him. Reasons to be specified later. Way to go Lowery, sit the MVC freshman player of the week

Sounds like grades. Could be gone for the year. Awesome.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Sounds like grades. Could be gone for the year. Awesome.

Al Nolen is having the same sorts of issues for the Gophers. If we lose him for the rest of the semester (which sounds like a real possibility), we can kiss our slim tournament hopes goodbye.

Edited by Felix

I've stayed away from this thread because I really can't stand this crap that's happening to our program. This is by far the most confused I've ever seen any team in any sport. I've never seen such a terribly coached team in any varitety of athletics before and I'm not even exaggerrating.

Not to mention it sounds like something bad might be happening with this whole Teague situation, and unfortunately it might be more than him just missing this year.

Lowery and the whole coaching staff needs to go. It's absolutely pathetic and f***in embarrassing.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
National title to NIT, now I know what Florida fans felt like a few years ago.

They have a whole lot of work to do at this point. Just not a very good team in any part of the game, and downright poor in some parts. Two of the three loses at home really hurt.

IU picks up its first Big 10 win on the road in two seasons. Even if it was a winless-in-the-conference Penn State, IU looked decent, and is sitting at 3-3 in the Big Ten. I am pleasantly surprised, especially considering this has all happened without Maurice Creek.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
IU picks up its first Big 10 win on the road in two seasons. Even if it was a winless-in-the-conference Penn State, IU looked decent, and is sitting at 3-3 in the Big Ten. I am pleasantly surprised, especially considering this has all happened without Maurice Creek.

I freakin' love Tom Crean. You guys got a hell of a coach in him.