Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
Good thing Turner never touched the ball in the last ten seconds. What a block by Kramer though.

OSU couldnt hit a shot beyond the arc and still had a chance to put it into overtime. You were right the first time when you said OSU is probably a better team. Gotta beat MSU now. Needed to win at at home, terrible loss.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
Ha, you were definitely right about him and I was wrong. Still rather have him than Lowery though.

I believe I told you at the time I wanted Turgeon. Still stand by that.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
next year they are gonna be right.

I can't believe we lost to iowa state. so embarrassing.

Huh

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
If Odiakosa keeps playing this way ISU might just win this damn tournament. He's been a beast of late!

As of now it looks to me as if it's going to be a rematch of last years championship. Wichita is really playing like crap lately and I think IlSU is just more talented anyways.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
Rick Barnes just flat out sucks as a coach. Luckily for him and for Texas he has had as much talent in the last 10 years as any other school in the country.

How is that lucky? Recruiting is part of a college coaches job. Every coach works with what they are able to bring in to play for them. Nothing lucky about that, it is part of your coaching skills as a college coach.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 04:22 AM)
what was that about having no chance in hell to win?

Wisconsin's going to be the 4-5 seed in the tourney that everyone picks to lose to a 12 seed. Bo Ryan must be a hell of a coach, cause that team's talent is pretty mediocre.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:09 AM)
It's bad that we're playing Wisconsin tonight and I'm not terribly excited. I'll be there, but there's no chance in hell we're going to win.

Whoops :ph34r:

Nice to see the Gophers pull out a win tonight. I, obviously, didn't think we were going to win, but it's great to see the team show some pride and beat our biggest rival at home in what has become a lost season. Really solid all around game and a blast to watch.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)

Nice to see the Gophers pull out a win tonight. I, obviously, didn't think we were going to win, but it's great to see the team show some pride and beat our biggest rival at home in what has become a lost season. Really solid all around game and a blast to watch.

"The student section had an edge, too, frequently mocking Badgers coach Bo Ryan with an obscene chant and tossing harmless objects at the handful of brave Wisconsin fans penetrating the sea of gold with their red wear. "

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball...no-14-wisconsin

:)

EDIT: Just watched some of the replay on ESPN 360... the "f*** Bo Ryan" chants toward the end of the first half were VERY clear and audible, as well they should have been. f*** him.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)

How the hell are they basically 2 different teams? Good team at home, and a crap team on the road.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
How the hell are they basically 2 different teams? Good team at home, and a crap team on the road.

Don't ask me. It's amazingly frustrating to watch because I know the talent the team had (when at full strength, of course), and we would definitely be a top 25 team if we consistently played up to that talent level. Unfortunately, certain people decided to do stupid things (steal from Macy's, fail their classes, assault some woman) and we're left with a roster that's fairly thin and can't really handle the ball.

At least we beat Wisconsin, though!