Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Wow, Iowa State about to beat Mizzou?

That was a brutal game by both teams for 35 minutes. Zaire Taylor is called Mr. Coffee by a lot of Mizzou fans because he is a closer and coffee is for closers. He hit 3 sick shots to keep Mizzou in and eventually win that game. Unreal.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
That was a brutal game by both teams for 35 minutes. Zaire Taylor is called Mr. Coffee by a lot of Mizzou fans because he is a closer and coffee is for closers. He hit 3 sick shots to keep Mizzou in and eventually win that game. Unreal.

I hope the next game I go to in Hilton Coliseum, Billy Gillispie or someone else is head coach.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
How the f*** was that not a foul on Lauderdale on that last play? He was holding Tisdale's right arm and it was clear as day.

Because they arent calling s*** on Illinois either. An all around terrible game for the refs.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 04:28 AM)
Right, 16 foul shots to 3.

It's always been that way under Weber, and always will be. They're a catch and shoot team, and rarely drive the ball to the rim. I'm pretty sure for the last 5 years, they're in the bottom 5 in the country for FT shots.

Cole on Diebler is a much better matchup. Can't let this one get away, just keep getting good looks. Maybe get a 4th on Turner.

Do you think Diebler's shoes electrocute him when he steps inside the arch?

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
It's always been that way under Weber, and always will be. They're a catch and shoot team, and rarely drive the ball to the rim. I'm pretty sure for the last 5 years, they're in the bottom 5 in the country for FT shots.

Depends on the team, most of his teams won't shoot a lot of FTs but the crappy 07-08 team was middle of the pack because they went inside a lot. He hasn't had guys other than DMac and Williams who can really ge to the basket and that has been the problem. Paul will be a guy who will get to the line and the 2010 recruits should as well.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
Right, 16 foul shots to 3.

I know I'm right, but I appreciate the nonsensical stat you threw in there. Try watching the actual game. There have been terrible calls for both teams, this crew is awful.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
I know I'm right, but I appreciate the nonsensical stat you threw in there. Try watching the actual game. There have been terrible calls for both teams, this crew is awful.

Im saying its funny that your whining about calls when your team has the clear advantage, the only real poor call was the 3rd foul on Turner.