Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
Cal is not terrible, but people don't realize how sensational Duke is on defense.

Cal is pretty bad. Outside of losing to UCLA, USC, Arizona, and Oregon State, their best win on the season came against Washington at home. They had no other wins against a tourney team until they defeated Louisville. Zoubek was 5 inches taller than anyone Cal put on the floor until they hilariously put Max Zhang into the game for 7 minutes.

Nolan Smith is a very good all-around player and defender, but Duke hasn't even been challenged by the committee yet. Duke against Gonzaga or Northern Iowa would have been great to see.

Now Duke gets JaJuan Johnson against their entire frontcourt. Awesome. Poor JaJuan will have 3 fouls before coach K even wrinkles his face at the refs for the first time.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 08:10 AM)
Nolan Smith is a very good all-around player and defender, but Duke hasn't even been challenged by the committee yet. Duke against Gonzaga or Northern Iowa would have been great to see.

Gonzaga blows. They lost to San Francisco and Loyola Marymount while their only wins vs. tournament teams were St. Mary's (who they were 2-1 against) and Wisconsin. They were 3-4 against tourney teams. I don't think they'd give Duke a better test than they gave Syracuse.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Gonzaga blows. They lost to San Francisco and Loyola Marymount while their only wins vs. tournament teams were St. Mary's (who they were 2-1 against) and Wisconsin. They were 3-4 against tourney teams. I don't think they'd give Duke a better test than they gave Syracuse.

Not to mention, Duke & Gonzaga played on a neutral court back in December, and the result was a 76-41 beat down

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
Not to mention, Duke & Gonzaga played on a neutral court back in December, and the result was a 76-41 beat down

Doesn't mean a whole lot back in December. Duke lost to the same Wisconsin team that Gonzaga beat by 13. Hell, Saint Mary's, a team that Gonzaga whipped 2/3 this year should have been a 8-9 seed over both Louisville and California.

Either way, it doesn't matter anymore. I don't think Duke will get past Baylor anyways.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
Doesn't mean a whole lot back in December. Duke lost to the same Wisconsin team that Gonzaga beat by 13. Hell, Saint Mary's, a team that Gonzaga whipped 2/3 this year should have been a 8-9 seed over both Louisville and California.

Either way, it doesn't matter anymore. I don't think Duke will get past Baylor anyways.

I hope you are right, but I don't see Duke going down until the final 4.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
None of this came out until after the 2007-2008 season, so there is really nothing that could have/can be done to Rose.

NCAA says they sent Derrick a report in Mid-March when he was still playing, and he ignored it. The letter basically stated that if the letter was ignored he could lose all eligibility.

Calipari could have at least had someone read it to him.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 07:37 AM)
NCAA says they sent Derrick a report in Mid-March when he was still playing, and he ignored it. The letter basically stated that if the letter was ignored he could lose all eligibility.

Oh well.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 07:37 AM)

Even if the NCAA is telling the truth, there is still nothing they can do to Rose. Derrick might have screwed over Memphis by ignoring the letter, but Memphis knew what they were getting into with him I'm sure.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 03:58 AM)
huh, just read something that said hewitt is the backup choice for iowa behind gregg marshall, although rumor is marshall said no today.

Hewitt won't go to Iowa. If he doesn't go to St. John's by Friday, he'll stay at GT next year. As of tonight, he has met with St. John's but is sleeping on his decision. I'd say it's 60/40 that he goes to St. John's....and let me say that 100 pct of the GT fan base is hoping he leaves.