Sox vs. Sawks 8-26-09 Gavin 10-8 3.98 vs. Wake 11-3 4.31

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
Carrasco.... but it doesnt matter anymore

Carrasco's arm is gonna fall off. Pena, Linebrink, Dotel and Williams all suck. Jenks has to be saved for a (hahaha, yeah right) save situation. It didn't matter which of the 4 came in, we were gonna lose.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
It's like clockwork with the offensive slump in August. What is up with that? Is anyone held accountable?

Nope. Hardest working coaching staff in the AL. We just get unlucky that our players stop hitting for months at a time. Its also unlucky that they pucker up after the ASB.

Between the cold of April and May, and the pressure of August and September. I hope our guys have a killer June and July to get in their numbers for the year.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
f*** it - i'm going with an epic 0-fer road trip.

At this point, why not?

We all know we're going to lose three at the Metrodome, so why not just add in the Yankees (and that single Cub game) as losses too and make sure no one is fooled into believing this team can compete for a division title. Even in this s*** division.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 01:47 AM)
Not too late to fire Walker. Today's mindset at the plate against a knuckle baller was ridiculous and clearly showed no sign of preperation.

Couldn't agree more, especially with runners on base. No one shortened up their swing. You could tell Hawk was pissed.

Nope. Hardest working coaching staff in the AL. We just get unlucky that our players stop hitting for months at a time. Its also unlucky that they pucker up after the ASB.

Between the cold of April and May, and the pressure of August and September. I hope our guys have a killer June and July to get in their numbers for the year.

how do you know that?

if theres one thing i'm slightly angry at, its myself for allowing my expectations to heighten a tad....you can go back through any thread from the beginning of the year and i said that i thought this was .500 team with an outside shot at winning maybe 85ish games....shame on me for thinking maybe we were an 87 win team that had a chance to win 89 or so....i should have just stayed with my initial unemotional analysis of this team

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
they can lose all the games...but just win against the cubs

Who cares about the Cubs,I wanna see us win our last ever series in the Metrodome,I'd orgasm if we sweep em!

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)

I was hoping they could get Thome that elusive ring. I almost wish they could've moved him to Detroit or the Yankees or somewhere he would still get that chance. But he's not doing much for his own cause, sadly.