8/28 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:51 PM)
Very disappointing showing from him this year.

Well he is one year removed from Tommy John. It's usually like this for any player yet alone a spect to struggle the following season. I would say next year we'll have a better idea on how to evaluate him, but he's got to get another good pitch somewhere as the slider he ditched (which also destroyed his arm) was his best pitch.

Wow.. Viciedo.. :o He's come a long way. Can't wait to see how he does in the AFL.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
Well he is one year removed from Tommy John. It's usually like this for any player yet alone a spect to struggle the following season. I would say next year we'll have a better idea on how to evaluate him, but he's got to get another good pitch somewhere as the slider he ditched (which also destroyed his arm) was his best pitch.

Wow.. Viciedo.. :o He's come a long way. Can't wait to see how he does in the AFL.

I know. I've factored that in. But we are talking low A ball here. I just expected a little more. But I agree that next year will be the year he proves whether he's a legitimate prospect or not. We're really short on SP in the system right now.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
Viciedo to 1st, Marrero to RF tonight. Here we go.....

Marrero is usually the right fielder. Viciedo did fine. The most common lineup for the Barons is Price/Ricks at 2, Gallagher at 3, Retherford at 4, Hudson at 6, Viciedo at 5, Cook/Shelby at 7, Danks/Shelby at 8, Marrero at 9 and a rotation at DH.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
Johnnie Lowe is making a habit of getting destroyed.

The Barons are stuck with him too. He can't be replaced on the roster because B'ham had to have their playoff roster set by last week. They moved Sergio Santos up to Charlotte and Justin Cassel said himself that he's been shut down for the year. The Barons will have 10 pitchers for the playoffs, including Lowe.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
Remenowsky strikes out the side to hit the 100 K mark on the season - in 57.1 IP.

Also, anyone else find it odd that Charlie Shirek made a relief appearance?

I believe he's out of the rotation to limit his innings pitched.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
Seems odd - why? Season is almost over anyway. Shirek isn't playing AFL, is he?

He's around 150 innings already. With playoffs factored in, he could push 170 innings if they didn't take him out of the rotation. Not recommended for prospects. They'll probably put him back in the rotation for the playoffs (can't imagine otherwise), but he might not make a start until then.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 06:10 PM)
He's around 150 innings already. With playoffs factored in, he could push 170 innings if they didn't take him out of the rotation. Not recommended for prospects. They'll probably put him back in the rotation for the playoffs (can't imagine otherwise), but he might not make a start until then.

Yeah, I guess I think of guys at AA and AAA putting in 150-200 IP like guys in the majors, but I suppose they don't do that.