8/29 Thread - Sox vs Yankees - 12:05pm CDT on WGN

knightni

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
The one good thing about this complete late season meltdown is that Kenny will make more moves to right the ship.

Well, he won't have the reality/excuse he's had the last few years, of being hamstrung by contracts of the very guys who've defined this team as plodding and defensively challenged. We'll see if he finally cuts bait with Dye and Thome. Konerko, with the no-trade plus his contract, probably stays.

Trading Jenks and moving Thornton to closer leaves you questions about every single member of the bullpen coming into 2010, with the exception of Carrasco.

What does that tell us about next year when perhaps the most predictable/reliable/consistent bullpen member (for his projected role) is DJ Carrasco?

It tells you that if Linebrink and Pena can't ever get it done AGAIN, we're really in big, big trouble going forward.

Edited by caulfield12

This team just sucks so bad. There isn't a single aspect of the 2009 White Sox that is above average. We are just an underachieving group of dinosaurs, with terrible baseball IQs, and zero chance of competing for a World Series. This team needs a 50% turnover for next year, for the playoffs to even be a pipe dream.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
This team just sucks so bad. There isn't a single aspect of the 2009 White Sox that is above average. We are just an underachieving group of dinosaurs, with terrible baseball IQs, and zero chance of competing for a World Series. This team needs a 50% turnover for next year, for the playoffs to even be a pipe dream.

Starting pitching for 2010 looks above average. At least we have that going for us. Defense needs a drastic upgrade.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
How many other people on this board notice that there is AT LEAST one game per week where you just give thanks that the White Sox weren't no-hit?

This is one of them. And I am as serious as I can be, there is one a week.

Seriously, am I the only person who feels this way? I actually take solace on a weekly basis that we achieved not being no-hit.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
Seriously, am I the only person who feels this way? I actually take solace on a weekly basis that we achieved not being no-hit.

Sorry I didn't answer. I definitely feel that way since the ASB.

Just read this.. Crede might retire:

According to Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune, Twins third baseman Joe Crede might opt to retire after this season.

Crede has dealt with back issues for years and was placed on the disabled list Friday night after an epidural failed to relieve his ongoing lower back discomfort. At the young age of 31, it'd be a tragedy to see him go, but he's a free agent in the fall and obviously has the right to end his career on his own terms. Crede is a .254/.304/.444 career hitter. He won a Silver Slugger award in 2006 and was named an All-Star for the first time in 2008.