8/29 Thread - Sox vs Yankees - 12:05pm CDT on WGN

knightni

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only Cotts over Buerhle in 2003 at Yankee Stadium and having to start Vazquez in the first game of the playoffs (but that was because of the four man rotation we used down the stretch)...would rival this. But this season turned for the worse finally in the middle of all those losses at Fenway that were winnable games.

Supposedly, the White Sox were considering Hudson and Torres (not Carrasco) for the start.

anyone here really believe Jose would have a good outing?

This was to be expected and he never should've started

Well one poster who thought he was our best option today also thinks or at least thought Jose is our best pitcher. I'm guessing that's based on "stuff" and 2005ness.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
How many other people on this board notice that there is AT LEAST one game per week where you just give thanks that the White Sox weren't no-hit?

This is one of them. And I am as serious as I can be, there is one a week.

The offense is fine. Dick Allen told me so.

Mitre averaging an amazing 11 pitches an inning.

I thought Sunday was get-away day, not Saturday? Embarassing performance in a national TV broadcast which will do nothing for our September attendance...they better market the hell of out Peavy, because Beckham has fallen back to earth and there's really nothing to be excited about for the remainder of this year but for Tyler Flowers, Daniel Hudson and perhaps Viciedo.

Ozzie smart to realize Beckham probably needed a game off....about 1/2 a game too late. Funny that we were arguing months ago that Beckham was "benched" (McDowell column) when he's probably been over-relied upon by Ozzie, if anything.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
Embarassing performance in a national TV broadcast which will do nothing for our September attendance...

Wish I didn't pick up tickets for the Oakland series in September. Bought them when we were still within a couple games. I might just eat them now.

so what exactly did we accomplish here? put jose in and run him up 3.1 innings, 77pitches 9 runs 8earned 2bb and 3K's, Peavy could have gone 3.1 innings done the exact same thing.

OZZIE/KENNY,

ITS TIME TO BRING PEAVY UP AND BE DONE WITH THE TRAIN RECK JOSE CONTRERAS. DUMP HIM SOMEWHERE WHETHER IT BE AAA OR THE MEXICAN COTTON PICKING LEAGUE WHO CARES SEND HIM PACKING.