Congrats White Sox on reaching 100 errors already

caulfield12

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
I think the whole reason the Sox traded Brandon Allen is that Viciedo is bad at 3rd and will be playing 1st.

Viciedo's going to need some major improvement with the bat next year before we even consider him an option for 2011.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 06:57 PM)
After looking through the 2010 free agents, I'm genuinely convinced the player you're asking for doesn't exist. Or at least not without a trade.

I wouldn't mind overpaying a bit for Frank. Gutierrez, that guy is a really quality defender.

On paper, the M's don't look that great, but Jack Z. really improved that defense as his #1 priority in the offseason.

Unless we let Jenks, Dye, Thome, Dotel AND Contreras all go, it doesn't like we could afford to bring in someone like Adrian Beltre for 3B and move Beckham back to SS and Ramirez to 2B. That would improve our infield defense immensely, although it would also put the careers of Getz and Fields to bed with the White Sox, with Nix probably staying on as the super sub.

Another option is rolling the dice on CoCo Crisp in LF, Rios in CF and Quentin RF (that they all can stay healthy).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
Quote of the Day...

"You won't believe how terrible this White Sox team is defensively..." Anonymous AL Advance Scout to the Yankees' broadcast crew.

Guillen is pissed, pissed, pissed. It seems that the intimation from the announcers is that Guillen didn't want to start Contreras and was forced to against his will by KW.

I could have told you the team was going to suck defensively given who we had starting over the majority of the season. Its f***ing terrible.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
Ramirez will be traded. We will have a new SS or 3B next year. I honestly think Beckham could be a great SS in this league.

For anyone who will gripe about Ramirez defense, you can not tell me Beckham will be better defensively. Absolutely, no way will that be the case.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
For anyone who will gripe about Ramirez defense, you can not tell me Beckham will be better defensively. Absolutely, no way will that be the case.

While I'm not sure that is the case, it is a moot point. It would be foolish to trade Alexei unless we are overwhelmed by a deal that makes absolute sense in regards to timing and money (for instance, if someone offered a top SS prospect for him).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)

Gordon tries hard, but he has zero range. I can't imagine all of the sudden at SS that would change too much. Alexei might be a spacecase, but he is a much better defensive SS than Gordo.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:59 AM)
You don't need to qualify that statement with "On the South Side." It should just be "ever."

Which is odd. I thought when Kenny hired him, Ozzie stated that he wanted a team built on pitching, speed and defense.