It Just Got Worse

Quin

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 07:50 AM)
as long as it is just a lingering effect of the line drive I'm not overly worried, I just hope it's not a new injury.

Peavy went on the DL with elbow issues last year. I don't like the sound of this.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
lol. well, peavy shouldn't bother pitching this season anyway. don't want him to get infected with any of the bulls***.

i bet he's wishing he didn't come here now.

San Diego ain't exactly charging towards the postseason themselves.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 09:50 AM)
as long as it is just a lingering effect of the line drive I'm not overly worried, I just hope it's not a new injury.

Agree.

If anything we should be overly cautious when it comes to Peavy. If we're going to need a ski lift or whatever to get to the top of the mountain then we shouldn't be looking for him to contribute this season anyway. Shut him down if we have to.

If we shut Peavy down I'd make Freddy the #4, and if he finishes strong, I'd try to extend him through next season to be our #5 before he hits free agency. A healthy Freddy would be a great #5 for us and it would make Hudson the 6th starter, so if we want to work him in through the bullpen we can, and if not, it gives us depth and the kind of cushion we did not have this season.

Then I'd either bring up Hudson as the #5, or if the Sox feel he's overworked, I'd shut him down and call up Harrell. No reason to start Torres, Whisler, Colon, Contreras, etc. I like Harrell's stuff but the control/confidence issues still appear to exist, so I'd like to see him work a little with Coop and see if we can get something positive going for him at the end of the year. Either do that, or maybe crowd the clubhouse so that we have a bullpen day for 5th starters. Run out Harrell, Link, Santeliz, Nunez, DRod, and maybe Fernando Hernandez too every 5th day so that we get a good look at some of our relief prospects. DRod and Hernandez would have to be added to the 40-man, but that's no big deal because we have to do that anyway if we want to keep them out of the Rule-5 draft.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
Why? 5 games back with 30 games to go including 6 with the team in front of you. This isn't over by a long shot.

If Peavy is healthy he should pitch. If not, he shouldn't. It's as simple as that. As soon as they deem him ready enough to go against major league hitters, he should pitch. I'm guessing that will be sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Anybody want to re vote in my poll? Like I said, there is no point in pitching Peavy this year. Just get him ready for 2010. The Mitchell injury is not relevant at all unless it's somehow way more serious than it sounds, it's late in the minor league season anyway and it's not like he's anywhere near ready to be in Chicago anyways.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)
Anybody want to re vote in my poll? Like I said, there is no point in pitching Peavy this year. Just get him ready for 2010. The Mitchell injury is not relevant at all unless it's somehow way more serious than it sounds, it's late in the minor league season anyway and it's not like he's anywhere near ready to be in Chicago anyways.

I would leave him on the DL for the rest of the year. We are closer to 4th in the Division than 1st. We will be lucky to hold of the Indians for the 3rd place.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 04:53 AM)
http://www.southsidesox.com/2009/8/29/1007...rse-yeah-and-it

Peavy's elbow tightened up.

Mitchell has a leg injury and has missed 3 of the last 4 Kannapolis games.

What did we do to anger the baseball gods?

we have absolutely ZERO room to complain. Have you SEEN the Mets this year? 88 million on the DL

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
we have absolutely ZERO room to complain. Have you SEEN the Mets this year? 88 million on the DL

The Mets have easily had the most tragic season, but I'm just saying.

Our luck was going crappy, so it just decided to go all out.