The Ozzie Guillen job approval/disapproval poll

whitesoxfan101

Ozzie Guillen job approval ranking  

128 members have voted

1. 1. My thoughts on Ozzie Guillen are

• Fire him, he's lost this team and 2005 was a long time ago
    • Keep him, he's won 2 division titles and a world series in 6 years, and deserves patience
    • Ozzie should be on the hot seat....next year.
    • Ask me at the end of this season, I'm not sure yet
    • Keep him forever, he won a World Series!
    • Other

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
I like him and all but don't think alot of players care for him. It's one of the reasons we can't sign free agents, and have cut/gave up talent for nothing. I think a whole new coaching staff is needed or atleast hitting coach/manager because it seems like a lot of guys on the team have given up.

i dont think thats the issue, i would say it more financial(hunter) and if they wouldnt sign here bcuz ozzie, then i dont want them. bcuz that shows their character, that they dont want to hear when theyre not doing something right. boo hoo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:20 AM)
He didn't fit in Chicago? Bulls***, the guy ruled the Chicago media for the 1st half of the year. Remember the nicknames? The CSN appearances? The Charity events? Things turned bad for Swish, when things got bad for the team. Swish had an aberration of a year and still managed to hit for power and get on base, even while losing his playing time to Dewayne Wise. By all accounts almost everyone on the team loved him (Jenks and Crede, specifically), and that the main issue was with Ozzie. Furthermore, the majority of the negative feedback comes from Joe Cowley (who might as well be writing for a tabloid) a guy, who didn't like Swish from the start. Also, no position on this team? CF would have looked a lot nicer with him in it for the beginning of the year.

what r u talking about? no one wanted him in cf after seeing him out there last yr, hes not a cfer! and u saw what he did in the 2nd half. just bcuz we had wise out there doesnt mean that he would look nice out there in cf. hell, anyone would over wise. but no thanks to swish in cf

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)
He didn't fit in Chicago? Bulls***, the guy ruled the Chicago media for the 1st half of the year. Remember the nicknames? The CSN appearances? The Charity events?

David Wells also had his own radio show on AM 1000 back in 2001. And then he used it as a platform to attack Frank and, IIRC, pissed off the show's producers afterwards. Being high-profile doesn't mean that you're a good teammate or even a respectable human being.

Things turned bad for Swish, when things got bad for the team.

And when things turned bad for Swish, he pouted and acted like a complete douchebag. Just like David Wells.

I'll echo my sentiments in the KW poll thread.

I voted for Ozzie being on the hot seat next year. He's put together a few good seasons as a manager, but let's face the fact that his teams have vastly underachieved since 2005. So, if next year ends up being another bust, then it's time to cut him loose.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
what r u talking about? no one wanted him in cf after seeing him out there last yr, hes not a cfer! and u saw what he did in the 2nd half. just bcuz we had wise out there doesnt mean that he would look nice out there in cf. hell, anyone would over wise. but no thanks to swish in cf

wtf ucmu ?4u ^^ icedi iykwim iow ykw yr imho ur2ys4me tlk 2u l8r

Firing Ozzie would be pretty stupid. You can't live in the past, but my god he led us to the world championship, which may be the only one you see in your lifetime.

I think Joe Torre is the complete package of a manager, but aside from him they all are the same.

Might as well keep Oz, who knows baseball and won't screw things up IF HE HAS THE PLAYERS.

Nobody could win with this bullpen.

And we have some big time holes, like up the middle most of the year. AJ can't throw; Pods was not a good cf when he was out there; Wise and BA were minor leaguers when they were out there; Alexei is close to a disaster at short and our second basemen are average at best.

We sucked up the middle and have no bullpen. Good luck to any skipper.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 12:08 PM)
I'll echo my sentiments in the KW poll thread.

I voted for Ozzie being on the hot seat next year. He's put together a few good seasons as a manager, but let's face the fact that his teams have vastly underachieved since 2005. So, if next year ends up being another bust, then it's time to cut him loose.

Underachieved in 2005, really? I mean they won 90 games in 2006 and missed the playoffs because Detroit was just better. 2007 was a bad year, mainly because they were a bad team. The fact that in 2008 Ozzie got that pile of garbage into the playoffs is very respectable, IMO.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
All I can tell you is that the above couldn't be more un-true (in regards to how the team as a whole felt about Swish). And while Swisher is having a better season this year, he isn't exactly lighting the world on fire with his sub .250 average.

Chisoxfn, Is this one of the inside source type things or can you offer me some proof? I’m not questioning you here, just curious. Swisher isn't an average dependent player, and statistically Swish is on pace to have the second best year of his career.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
Underachieved in 2005, really? I mean they won 90 games in 2006 and missed the playoffs because Detroit was just better. 2007 was a bad year, mainly because they were a bad team. The fact that in 2008 Ozzie got that pile of garbage into the playoffs is very respectable, IMO.

Clearly I meant they have underachieved since they won the World Series. And yes, they underachieved in 2006 by blowing the division.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
Chisoxfn, Is this one of the inside source type things or can you offer me some proof? I’m not questioning you here, just curious. Swisher isn't an average dependent player, and statistically Swish is on pace to have the second best year of his career.

Look, I hate Swish, but I have it on very good record that Swish had clubhouse problems and than some in Chicago (sniff sniff).