1 Potential Partial Lineup For 2010

Marty34

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
I still don't understand why people automatically want to see/or think Beckham as a number 3 hitter next year (Because Hawk said so?). I don't see it for a few years... Why through him into the fire that quick. Personally I don't think he's ready. Q at 3 next year IMO.

I think I was one of the first to say Beckham to 3rd in the lineup ( in the is Ozzie too complacent thread) just as I was one of the 1st to see him as the future 3rd baseman (predicted at the end of spring training in the predictions thread.) Had no idea Hawk was saying it or when he started saying it, maybe after reading me saying it :P.

We've had plenty of players succeed in the 2 hole, AJ, Beckham and Alexei. What we need for a #3 is someone who can hit with men on base. Beckham has shown that ability in the big leagues so far and the kid probably loves being in that situation as he was with Georgia. He's a doubles machine and he'll hit more HR's in the future too. A double drives in a runner from 1st with 2 outs. Q's power bat will be needed at cleanup with Thome gone.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 06:37 AM)
There is going to be a lot of changes this offseason. Will it be Getz or Alexie at 2B? One thing is for certain, they will not leave the infield alone after all these errors. Some interesting SS free agents include: Wilson, Greene and Scutaro. Some interesting 3B free agents include: Beltre and Figgins.

I would almost guarantee the Sox will try to sign Scutaro or Wilson . They are both very good defensively. Alexei isn't as bad as everyone thinks he is defensively according to stats on fangraphs but I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved (traded or a different position. Hell maybe we'll see him in LF soon. He's just not a heady type of player and and he's our best trade chip being cheap and offensively talented.

He's the biggest enigma on the Sox. Pros: Fast. cheap, power, cheap, clutch , cheap. Cons : Not good defensively and baseball IQ on the low side.