ChiSox calling up Tyler Flowers..

prochisox

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
Too bad playing Flowers means sitting down one of the few veterans who's actually hitting.

Maybe AJ can DH when Flowers plays, or maybe Flowers DH's?

I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox pulled out a quick trade sending one of Dye/Thome or even Konerko to another team. Less likely that it would be Paulie, since they'd have more time to work out a trade, but if Thome wants to play for a contender now would be his chance.

Basically throw em on waivers, see who claims up, put together whatever deal you can and get something for them.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox pulled out a quick trade sending one of Dye/Thome or even Konerko to another team. Less likely that it would be Paulie, since they'd have more time to work out a trade, but if Thome wants to play for a contender now would be his chance.

Basically throw em on waivers, see who claims up, put together whatever deal you can and get something for them.

That's very unlikely unless something is already in the works, as the waiver trade deadline is tonight at midnight. I also seriously, seriously doubt that KW would throw in the towel like that.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
Too bad playing Flowers means sitting down one of the few veterans who's actually hitting.

Maybe AJ can DH when Flowers plays, or maybe Flowers DH's?

That's just it. AJP is not the problem this year. Maybe Flowesr will get a game in or two so AJ can rest and Castro is odd man out