Who's With me?

Rooftop Shots

I've been heaing a lot of of SO MANY don't even want to watch th Sox anymore. Many say that "I'm Done!!!" Don't get me wrong............I'm pretty disgusted the way things have been going also. As I take a step back...........I'm a diehard Sox fan........and whether we excell from the Twins series on to the rest of the season.......or when we play the Twins,,,,and we just FLAT OUT take a dump! Either way........I'm either going to go on an extreme high..........or I'm going down with them on the ship. I wait for baseball all winter...............and I'll stick with The Sox and watch them no matter how painful or exciting it may be.

Kenny Williams has tried to do what he feels is best. So far...it hasn't worked out that great. But at least we have him for a GM.

Anybody remember the Ron Schueller days? Most years......... except for a few players on each team......the lineup sucked.It was never solid top to bottom.

We have a GM who is agressive and is HUNGRY to win. Whether his moves work out in this year next year, or never..........

He makes things interesting, creates a LOT of fun discussions on this board, and isn't afraid to roll the dice. He tries to give us something to look forward to every year.........and for that..I'm sticking with The Sox to very end even if we wind up 20 out by September's end. How the heck would you like to be a die-hard baseball fan in Pittsburgh? Washington? San Diego? They never have anything to look forward to EVERY FRIGGIN' YEAR!

It's easy to be a Sox fan when they win! Who will watch them with me no matter how ugly it may get?

Alllllrighty Guys!!! Start the "Rag On The Rooftop Shots" thread!

Knock yourselves out! Either way..........................I'm staying to the end! I love the game of baseball and there's not much of it left. I'll enjoy whatever moments that are left that The Sox will give me! If there aren't any good ones left.............throw me an oar

I'm going down with them!

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
What you do has no effect on the team so...great.

Not true. The players and coaches read this board religiously. There is a direct correlation with the tone of this board and the way the team plays. I wish people in here would realize this before it's too late.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Not true. The players and coaches read this board religiously. There is a direct correlation with the tone of this board and the way the team plays. I wish people in here would realize this before it's too late.

balls. OK, blame me.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
6 left with the tigers 6 left with the twins, i think with a sweep of the twins and we get peavy back things can turn around real fast.

We haven't swept the Tigers or Twins all year and now we will when we're playing our worst baseball of the year?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
We haven't swept the Tigers or Twins all year and now we will when we're playing our worst baseball of the year?

June 29th - July 1st, 2004 was the lat time the Sox swept the Twins in the Twinky Dome.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
For me, being a White sox fan is a lifetime commitment. That’s through both the good and the bad. Honestly, I’ve already made myself a promise that if Beckham ever wins the White Sox a championship, I’d name a kid after him. It kills me to see the team struggling like this.

And for the rest of that kids life, people will ask, "Why were you named after David Beckham?"

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
For me, being a White sox fan is a lifetime commitment. That’s through both the good and the bad.

Me too. But that doesn't mean I have to spend my precious time watching or listening to them play like s***. The morning box score will suffice for the remainder of this season.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:56 PM)
Game a week baby! :gosoxretro:

exactly...i said after the peavy deal, that with our rotation heading forward, assuming peavy would be back by now, we can easily make up a game a week. but now im more worroed about the offense.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)

If they did read this board the season would have been over a long time ago. Anyway it should go without saying that we (I) am in till the end and then I'll be looking forward to next year

1995 and 2007. Those have been the two most pathetic White Sox seasons I've had to endure since I became a fan in 1991. I watched as many games as I could. Even when they were 20+ games out. I'll never understand the "I ain't watchin' this team anymore because they're playing like s***" garbage I hear around here. How is that any different from a token bandwagoner?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
1995 and 2007. Those have been the two most pathetic White Sox seasons I've had to endure since I became a fan in 1991. I watched as many games as I could. Even when they were 20+ games out. I'll never understand the "I ain't watchin' this team anymore because they're playing like s***" garbage I hear around here. How is that any different from a token bandwagoner?

Even during the bad seasons, I can't help but watch in Sept. Spring training is too far away.

"If I was going to storm a pill box, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the colonel said, 'Shepherd, pick six guys,' I'd pick six White Sox fans, because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them"

— Jean Shepherd, writer, humorist, White Sox poet laureate

Completely in, as far as still paying attention and hoping for some better play. Last 2 weeks have been absolutely brutal though. Hopes for this season have faded, but we have the odd duality of recently adding Peavy and Rios, allowing me to look forward to next year...if they make another run this season...gravy!