Who's With me?

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
1995 and 2007. Those have been the two most pathetic White Sox seasons I've had to endure since I became a fan in 1991. I watched as many games as I could. Even when they were 20+ games out. I'll never understand the "I ain't watchin' this team anymore because they're playing like s***" garbage I hear around here. How is that any different from a token bandwagoner?

It IS no different from a token bandwagoneer.

I will watch 'em when I can and follow the games on the net which is what I mostly do. I will religiously check all the box scores and keep an eye on all the stats. I'm eager to see how any September call-ups do. But that said, I'm really pissed with how the season has ended up. Oh well.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
For me, being a White sox fan is a lifetime commitment. That’s through both the good and the bad. Honestly, I’ve already made myself a promise that if Beckham ever wins the White Sox a championship, I’d name a kid after him. It kills me to see the team struggling like this.

Why wait, I am naming my son Gordon!

Oh, that was my grandfather's name

Nobody's going anywhere. We are addicted.

It's just that now I can watch games or check the updates and laugh, not be miserable.

I mean once the realization hits that finally we are truly toast, well, you still follow the team but are not as invested emotionally.

The team had its chances, many of them, and let them go by. We're done.

Die hard fans are "in" all the way, but the way some approach the games changes. Right now the losses are so less painful cause the team has told me it is finished.

The only question is if Minnie can surpass Detroit. How many games do the teams have left against each other??

What happened to the Sox I used to know? The guys that wouldn't take **** from no one?

Was it over when Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! And this isn't over until we decide it is!

We will beat the Tigers in Game 162 to pull even with the Twins, and then, Jake Peavy will pitch nine shutout innings before Paulie bombs the concourse, right next to Thome's plaque, to walk off into the playoffs.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:32 PM)
I've been heaing a lot of of SO MANY don't even want to watch th Sox anymore. Many say that "I'm Done!!!" Don't get me wrong............I'm pretty disgusted the way things have been going also. As I take a step back...........I'm a diehard Sox fan........and whether we excell from the Twins series on to the rest of the season.......or when we play the Twins,,,,and we just FLAT OUT take a dump! Either way........I'm either going to go on an extreme high..........or I'm going down with them on the ship. I wait for baseball all winter...............and I'll stick with The Sox and watch them no matter how painful or exciting it may be.

Kenny Williams has tried to do what he feels is best. So far...it hasn't worked out that great. But at least we have him for a GM.

Anybody remember the Ron Schueller days? Most years......... except for a few players on each team......the lineup sucked.It was never solid top to bottom.

We have a GM who is agressive and is HUNGRY to win. Whether his moves work out in this year next year, or never..........

He makes things interesting, creates a LOT of fun discussions on this board, and isn't afraid to roll the dice. He tries to give us something to look forward to every year.........and for that..I'm sticking with The Sox to very end even if we wind up 20 out by September's end. How the heck would you like to be a die-hard baseball fan in Pittsburgh? Washington? San Diego? They never have anything to look forward to EVERY FRIGGIN' YEAR!

It's easy to be a Sox fan when they win! Who will watch them with me no matter how ugly it may get?

Alllllrighty Guys!!! Start the "Rag On The Rooftop Shots" thread!

Knock yourselves out! Either way..........................I'm staying to the end! I love the game of baseball and there's not much of it left. I'll enjoy whatever moments that are left that The Sox will give me! If there aren't any good ones left.............throw me an oar

I'm going down with them!

Great post. I'm in until the last out of the season is made. There is still hope for 2009 - they still have enough head-to-head games left with the Twins & Tigers. KW hasn't given up on 2009 yet - losing Contreras and Thome doesn't hurt at all for this year (Contreras is a key reason the Sox are under .500 right now, and losing Thome will give more DH time to Q, Konerko and Dye, who could all use some rest by not playing in the field). But they gotta start by kicking some Twin butt, fast, and then beat the flailing Cubs, then do to the Red Sox what they did to the Yankees when the Yankees came to The Cell a few weeks ago.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
Someone who is a fan of the team would be in it until we are mathematically eliminated. unfortunately, most folks use the sox as an outlet for their daily frustration, and they were out the first loss of the season.

Oh, you're so much better of a fan than the rest of us.

To be a true fan, must we watch every game and still think we're in it until we're mathematically eliminated? I'll be watching either way, even though I know we're out of it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
Someone who is a fan of the team would be in it until we are mathematically eliminated. unfortunately, most folks use the sox as an outlet for their daily frustration, and they were out the first loss of the season.

You must think Cub fans are good fans since they still think their team has a chance when they're 20 games out.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
Great post. I'm in until the last out of the season is made. There is still hope for 2009 - they still have enough head-to-head games left with the Twins & Tigers. KW hasn't given up on 2009 yet - losing Contreras and Thome doesn't hurt at all for this year (Contreras is a key reason the Sox are under .500 right now, and losing Thome will give more DH time to Q, Konerko and Dye, who could all use some rest by not playing in the field). But they gotta start by kicking some Twin butt, fast, and then beat the flailing Cubs, then do to the Red Sox what they did to the Yankees when the Yankees came to The Cell a few weeks ago.

Yes, that is exactly what KW was thinking. It had nothing to do with giving Thome an actual chance for a ring by sending him to a real contender.

Jesus.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 08:29 AM)
Oh, you're so much better of a fan than the rest of us.

To be a true fan, must we watch every game and still think we're in it until we're mathematically eliminated? I'll be watching either way, even though I know we're out of it.

I won't be watching (or listening) at all, but the fact that I'm posting here kind of suggests that I'm not exactly a fair-weather fan.

I always love when people question or attack your "fanhood" because of things like this. Some people have the opinion to stick it out and hope for the best, others have the same right to be realistic and see the writing on the wall.

Someone mentioned staying until mathimatically eliminated but then if you're using mathematics - 5% chance of making the playoffs isn't exactly numbers I'd bet the house on.

This team folded. It doesn't mean people will not root for them, doesn't mean I won't hold onto the thread that they can pull some magic out and win it but it does mean I'll be a realistic human being and not get my hopes up of them delivering on any hopes/goals we had for them.

The one thing I do wish - is that if they're goign to play with no heart from here on out, that they just rest some of the veterans and give some kids a chance. I always hate paying a baby millions of dollars to pout.

People fault the idea of wishing a team would fold because who wants to essentially quit. It'd piss me off if our players quit on the season. I'm not saying we should but if we arent going to win out - I wouldn't be upset if we won 5-9 games this month and had a shot at getting another top ten pick. Sounds silly and what not but we have all seen what having a top ten pick can do for you. I wouldn't mind another Beckham if we aren't going to make a run at this thing. It's a distant second but just my preference.

Edited by Pumpkin Escobar

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:19 PM)
I'll be watching because of Flowers and Peavy.

That adds some excitement for me as well. The fact that Thome and Contreras were traded, may signal to the team that it is over. Oddly enough, that may actually make them play well and they could somehow claw back and make it close.

This team folded. It doesn't mean people will not root for them, doesn't mean I won't hold onto the thread that they can pull some magic out and win it but it does mean I'll be a realistic human being and not get my hopes up of them delivering on any hopes/goals we had for them.

The one thing I do wish - is that if they're goign to play with no heart from here on out, that they just rest some of the veterans and give some kids a chance. I always hate paying a baby millions of dollars to pout.

I'd agree the young guys should play and play a lot. The veterans were the ones who flopped and went from .500 and change and two games out to crap.

Pods' baserunning blunders; Dye's lousy hitting; Rios batting like he's totally overmatched; Pena, Dotel, Liney all worthless. I wish we'd immediately move Lexi to second, maybe experiment with Beckham at short, what could it hurt? Shut down all those lousy relievers and bring up kids to pitch in those roles from the minors. I would like to win games, but why not have some fun the final month to rid the taste of this horrible season which only figures to get worse with 2 more in Minnie, one at Wrigley and more of the Bosox?

Why can't the team admit Lexi to ss was a failure and put him at second for the next 10 years? We can always pickup a stop gap defensive minded shortstop somewhere if they insist on keeping Gordon at 3B.

Edited by greg775