Dye, Thome, Linebrink + others Available

Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
Viciedo is the 1st base prospect of the future. It is why Allen was much more expendable than some would have liked. Beckham is the 3b of the present and future. Ramirez the SS of the present and future.

Really, have you heard that from the organization?

I hope that's not true. I'm not sold on Getz or Nix as everyday 2B when we have Beckham and Alexei capable of anchoring the MIF. And Viciedo has only played one game at 1B as a member of the Sox.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:23 PM)

I hope that's not true. I'm not sold on Getz or Nix as everyday 2B when we have Beckham and Alexei capable of anchoring the MIF. And Viciedo has only played one game at 1B as a member of the Sox.

The writing's on the wall.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
Viciedo is the 1st base prospect of the future. It is why Allen was much more expendable than some would have liked. Beckham is the 3b of the present and future. Ramirez the SS of the present and future.

I think that prediction is going to upset a lot of people on the board but I imagine it is the most likely, barring a big move for a big 1B

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:20 PM)
He could DH/lead off and play some OF.. he's done a good job this year at the plate.. the pickoffs/defense have been bad though. it's nice having a leadoff man who could steal a base and get on base.. too bad the guys in front of him cant hit.

If Scott Podsednik is the Sox DH next year than Kenny failed miserably. That would be absolutely pathetic.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
What if he got Abreau.. Quentin/Rios/Abreau Pods DH. Doesn't sound like a fail to me. If you move Konerko there's plenty of good hitting 1b out there.

I still think bringing Thome back on a one or two year deal makes the most sense.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
I was in favor of bringing back Jermaine or Thome for one more year, but after watching this s*** lately, just get rid of all of the old f***s, or at least as many as possible.

Agreed...I'd rather watch growing pains of youthful hungry talent than these "professional" zombies...

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)
Williams didn't accompany the Sox to Minneapolis. Special assistant Bill Scherrer is here, as is a Detroit scout.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....up-for-now.html

I wonder what Detroit would want from us.

Hopefully Dye, Linebrink, Thome, and Konerko.

He's been playing there in Birmingham the past few days

he was at 3b for both games today. thinking about him at third, beckham at 2nd, alexei at shortstop, flowers at catcher, quentin in right or left, and rios in center makes me cum. only question marks would be DH, 1b, and the other corner spot. those can usually be filled decent hitters.

a man can dream...

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)
Williams didn't accompany the Sox to Minneapolis. Special assistant Bill Scherrer is here, as is a Detroit scout.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....up-for-now.html

I wonder what Detroit would want from us.

He's scouting the teams as the still play the Sox 6 times and probably still have Minnesota.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)

Just because someone hasn't played 1st yet, doesn't mean it isn't in the plans. Viciedo is a bad defensive 3rd baseman and he's either moving to 1st or left field.

In regards to Getz, I haven't spoken of him, but Ozzie himself said he was part of the Sox future and I know the Sox like him a lot.

Whether you agree with it or not is another statement, but I will tell you that Viciedo is a superior prospect to Brandon Allen.