Thome, $ to LAD for Fuller-Jose to COL for $, Hynick

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
Seattle, has a decent shot too.

They've gotten the worst production out of their DH of any contender this season (tied with DET, even though the Mariners aren't really contenders). Griffey, Thome and Sweeney all splitting time at DH? That would just be bizarre. I sure as hell hope it's not the Mariners, they're going nowhere this year.

I honestly don't think he'd agree to go to Seattle. It makes little sense. He has a much better chance of making the playoffs with the Sox.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
I hope KW mans up and cuts Contreras, Linebrink. Those 2 have lost over 20 games for this team.. (in the past 2 months)

Now those two I would love to give away/trade, and actually include Mark Kotsay and Scott Podsednik's wives to just get the deal done.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
I hope he at least is going to a team with a shot at winning it all. I'd imagine he is, why else would he agree to the trade?

Pretty much. Kenny would at least have done Thome a favor by trading him to a contender. JT's window of opportunity to win a championship is closing very quickly.

I wish Jim the best.

Out of all the slow veterans in our lineup, Jim is the nicest of them all.

We will remember your dominance in the first half of 06, your majestic 500th home run, and of course, the 441 foot shot in last year's blackout game.

You were well worth the legend of Aaron Rowand.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)
I just hope it's not the Red Sox, even though it probably is. I couldn't even root for them if Thome is on their team, it would be more a case of "at least Thome got his ring" after the fact.

Me neither. I can't stand the Red Sox and their obnoxious fans.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
I hope KW mans up and cuts Contreras, Linebrink. Those 2 have lost over 20 games for this team.. (in the past 2 months)

No better way to display class as an organization than to cut two guys who have pitched through injuries.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
Anyone who advocates releasing either one has zero clue about baseball or how business is done, or about showing any damn class/respect as an organization.

^^^

There's a big difference between trading a future HOFer to a contender and kicking somebody off of the team out of anger.