Thome, $ to LAD for Fuller-Jose to COL for $, Hynick

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:08 AM)
I hope KW calls Washington in the offseason and see what they want for Dunn's 10m and one year remaining

Adam Dunn is having a really, really, good year. He's hitting for a pretty high average.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 01:12 AM)
Adam Dunn is having a really, really, good year. He's hitting for a pretty high average.

The average is aided by the unmaintainable .345 babip. I like Dunn, and I like him more in our park, but I feel like after this year the price could be pretty steep.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:12 AM)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/dunnad01.shtml

Yeah, he's having a career high OPS+, but the lowest he's had is 114, so I would love to see him on the Sox next year.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:15 AM)
The average is aided by the unmaintainable .345 babip. I like Dunn, and I like him more in our park, but I feel like after this year the price could be pretty steep.

I guess he's been pretty lucky, his career BABIP is .293. He's never hit above .270 before. Which is pretty incredible.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:07 AM)
I don't see it that way. From my understanding if Dye would have been moved he would have had his 12m automatically picked up, so to move him the Sox would probably of had to eat a ton of that contract next year. He'll play the month out and file for FA, Sox won't offer him arb. and he and Thome will probably both be out there

Well, that's good news.

My ideal is going to be picking up Adam Dunn somehow.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:26 AM)
Do the Sox give Hynick a start or two in September?

Wouldn't mind that at all. He's at least spend alot of time in AAA and has been very effective there. Kid had a 3.83 era in the PCL.. That's doin work. He's more ready than Hudson IMO.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:36 AM)
Another thing I'm glad to see is that KW obviously has packed it in for the season. We don't have to continue watching throughout September with that "we're still in this thing" mentality.

I was just going to ask.. have we waived the white flag?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
Yep. There has been about 5 chances for Hudson to come up and start, and the Sox haven't taken it. They obviously feel he isn't ready, which is fine.

I think it was more that those situations weren't the right ones to bring Hudson up in. Now the Sox can let Hudson come up and actually "develop" so to speak at the big league level and I expect him to get at least 1-2 starts for the Sox this year.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
Wouldn't mind that at all. He's at least spend alot of time in AAA and has been very effective there. Kid had a 3.83 era in the PCL.. That's doin work. He's more ready than Hudson IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox shut down a Buehlre or someone else or even went with a 6 man rotation and gave both Hynick and Hudson a start or two. But I think you guys would be surprised. Sox like Hudson a lot and while he wasn't ready to come in and get thrown to the wolves (he needed a bit more time in AAA and still might) but Hudson could really benefit from a couple starts late this season.

It also gives Ozzie and Coop an early look at the kid who will probably be our 5th starter to start next season (although with Kenny, you never know for sure). But my guess is it'll either be Hudson or Garcia.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:46 AM)
On a sidenote, for those of you saying we aren't getting Fuller, I haven't seen anyone from the Sox take back that statement. InsidetheSox (Reifert) reported it was Fuller and until he retracts it I'm going to say its a done deal with Fuller.

I blame Alex. He is from Iowa afterall. His damn shananagans.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
Except that the reports are indicating that the Sox are getting cash from the Rockies.

When the smoke clears and we get the full stories, I'm betting the Sox sent money in both deals.

Edited by scenario