Thome, $ to LAD for Fuller-Jose to COL for $, Hynick

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)
What did the sox get back.. is the million dollar question? Someone should change the title soon too.

My guess is nothing of note, this is a dump to free up some room on the roster to play our 4 OF and young catcher while doing Jim a favor in the process.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:40 PM)
Damn. I'll miss Thome. Hopefully Kenny laid the groundwork for him to go to a contender, and maybe to come back next year.

I doubt Thome is back. It's sad to see him go, but it happens to everybody someday. I hope he wins a World Series, he deserves it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:40 PM)
Damn. I'll miss Thome. Hopefully Kenny laid the groundwork for him to go to a contender, and maybe to come back next year.

That's what I think it is. They probably picked up as much money as they are allowed, probably will get a PTBNL depending on his contribution and the team's success,and could still sign him in the offseason. Basically, they are throwing Thome a bone to go to a contender because it obviously isn't happening for the Sox this year.