Goodbye Jose!

kjshoe04

in the beginning of 07 i said i wanted to see thome and contreras traded or gotten rid of. odd that today they both leave on the same day. They both have had a lot of ups and downs since then. I will have many fond memories of jose pitching at the end of 05 through midway 06. They both are great guys and hope they do well for their new teams.

either way, its good to see us moving forward

Truly a classy individual. Accepted a demotion to help better himself and his team. Worked his ass off to get back here early after a devastating injury. I have nothing but respect for the man. He was absolutely dominant for a stretch of about a year before getting hurt. Thanks for 2005 Count. Good luck in Colorado.

The last two months of 2005, it seemed like everyone was ready to give away our division to Cleveland, but every 5th day Jose went out there and refused to lose and carried us to the division and to the WS! I think it was like 20 straight starts without a loss or something. Thanks Jose, good luck in Colorado, and we'll try to not to remember your last two months in Chicago.

If ever I wanted to post en espanol this would be that time. Jose , you were one of the biggest reasons that Sox fans got a championship after 89 years of waiting. Generations of Sox fans owe true moments of happiness to you. Muchos gracias . Stay thirsty mi amigo.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 08:43 AM)
I have always valued character, and he has shown a lot.

Someone should make a movie about Jose's life. The guy has overcome an unbelievable amount of adversity - personal, physical, psychological - to get where he is, and from all accounts has remained one of the nicest, most humble athletes around. He was our best pitcher for two seasons, took the team on his back to its only World Series championship in any of our lifetimes, and when you take his entire career into account (we saw only the tail end of it), may be the best pitcher ever to pitch for the White Sox. Yet somehow the guy never got the appreciation he deserved. For god's sake, I saw five times as many Garland jerseys as Contreras jerseys (I counted one - mine), even at the peak of Count's performance Never totally understood it, though I have my theories. It wouldn't surprise me if Jose has one more surprise run in him - I hope he does. Best of luck Titan - go prove 'em wrong again.

QUOTE (35thstreetswarm @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 07:28 AM)
Someone should make a movie about Jose's life. The guy has overcome an unbelievable amount of adversity - personal, physical, psychological - to get where he is, and from all accounts has remained one of the nicest, most humble athletes around. He was our best pitcher for two seasons, took the team on his back to its only World Series championship in any of our lifetimes, and when you take his entire career into account (we saw only the tail end of it), may be the best pitcher ever to pitch for the White Sox. Yet somehow the guy never got the appreciation he deserved. For god's sake, I saw five times as many Garland jerseys as Contreras jerseys (I counted one - mine), even at the peak of Count's performance Never totally understood it, though I have my theories. It wouldn't surprise me if Jose has one more surprise run in him - I hope he does. Best of luck Titan - go prove 'em wrong again.

7 posts in 3 years, but it was a good one.