Jim Thome Appreciation Thread

Quin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 01:17 AM)
Had to make this to honor the big guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh2IruLNeZk

That is an awesome video for an awesome guy!! Thome is the nicest guy, and I hope he gets to bat DH in the World Series again the Yankees!!

If you evey wanted your son to have an idol in the sports arena, Big Jim would be it!!

Edited by soxfan-kwman

I must say, aside from the obvious, my favorite Jim Thome moment was in 2006, when we were ripping the Cardinals apart for the first two games of a three game set at the Cell. I was at all three games (dad is a huge Cards fan).

The third game was different (and I went with a buddy instead of my old man). It was 0-0, in the 7th I think, and the Sox hadn't gotten a hit, let alone a run. Thome comes up, and just RIPS one to right field. f***ing gonzo.

Sox win 1-0 on that, their only hit of the ballgame.

Also, I'll never forget Spring Training 2006, and Thome's slow start, but then he hit like 8 bombs in the last 8 games and carried it into the season on a huge hotstreak. I was certain he'd park 50. Unfortunately, he got injured right around the All-Star Game and wasn't the same from there on out, which really hurt the Sox as they slid to third place. Still 42 bombs was a nice debut season from the big guy.

Thank you Jim Thome for the great memories you provided during your few years here. Thank you for those majestic home run shots, thank you for hitting number 500, and thank you for that memorable home run last year in game 163. Always a professional. Wish you could have finished your career with us. Hope you win a ring.