Winston-Salem vs. Salem GM 1

AFL bound Rasner starting

Winston-Salem vs. Salem GM 2

Kannapolis vs. West Virginia

Bristol at Elizabethton

Season finale; Holmberg starting.

Great Falls vs Billings

Edited by Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
what's wrong with protecting his arm??? maybe this will give him a chance to pitch in a big league game this season.

There is of course nothing wrong with it. They brought Shirek down too, for apparently the same reason. These arms they see as having a big future, especially in those cases where they were promoted and seeing harder competition, there is no reason to cause them issues.

You would think no because there's no point in him pitching anywhere but in AAA because the Sox probably don't want him as a starter in 09, but if they're gonna only be letting him pitch like 3 IP per start, than you might as well throw him in as a reliever and give him some big league experience before it's all done.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
If Hudson gets called up, I hope it's just to get a few innings here and there the rest of the way. He's approaching 160 innings, and that's pretty standard for a minor leaguer, especially in his first full year.

Good to hear he'll be up. I need a few more positives to survive this most disappointing season. I was curious as to an innings limit for him, but I noticed in his bio that he actually pitched ~160 innings last year between ODU and pro ball. That would indicate to me that he might be OK up to 175 innings, or so, unless college innings are deemed less taxing (though I don't know why they would be when you consider that his college numbers last year aren't quite as good as his pro innings have been, and that he probably, as a result, was throwing more pitches per inning last year.)

Anyway, it's good to have something, anything, to look forward to besides getting an early impression on Flowers.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
Looks like the big show for Huddy..

Of all the guys who got promoted to fill space, M. Gonzalez (the 18 yr old catcher) is the only one to get a hit. He went 1-3

Nice outings for Holmberg and Heindenrich as well.

Shoemaker and Gerst got RBI's.