9/1 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
I was curious as to an innings limit for him, but I noticed in his bio that he actually pitched ~160 innings last year between ODU and pro ball. That would indicate to me that he might be OK up to 175 innings, or so, unless college innings are deemed less taxing (though I don't know why they would be when you consider that his college numbers last year aren't quite as good as his pro innings have been, and that he probably, as a result, was throwing more pitches per inning last year.)

College innings and outings are actually probably more taxing because the priority is winning so pitchers are pushed a bit more, especially the good ones.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 03:32 AM)
College innings and outings are actually probably more taxing because the priority is winning so pitchers are pushed a bit more, especially the good ones.

I would think aluminum bats would make them a little harder too, obviously less talent up and down line-ups, but with the bats there's less margin for error with the talent level

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
17 inning game forced Sergio Miranda to handle a little pitching duties, with predictable results

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...mp;ymd=20090901

He also went 2 for 7 at the plate while playing 3B. He's been playing all over the field. But I don't think pitching will be in his future.

I still think he's got something that could turn him into a major league utility player. He plays all over the field, athletic with some speed, had a rep for good middle infield defense, hits for a high average, high contact rate (just 32 K in 254 AB)... just has no power. Still only 22 even though he's now 1.5 years in High A. Its a shame he basically walked out of the system for nothing.