Clayton Richard

oldsox

Good counterarguments.

If Peavy is healthy and a true No. 1 next year, it certainly will be a major plus. We need a Verlander type if we want to take the next step to greatness instead of mediocrity. I hope he's dominant. The rotation should be Peavy, Mark, Floyd, Danks and Freddy, with a good mix of lefty/righty.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
Good counterarguments.

If Peavy is healthy and a true No. 1 next year, it certainly will be a major plus. We need a Verlander type if we want to take the next step to greatness instead of mediocrity. I hope he's dominant. The rotation should be Peavy, Mark, Floyd, Danks and Freddy, with a good mix of lefty/righty.

I still want MB pitching opening day next year. Not for strategic reasons, but entirely for emotional ones. Peavy can have MB's spot on opening day when he earns a place in my adoring heart.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 06:31 PM)
Good counterarguments.

BTW, my guy Uribe lit Richard up today. A homer and a triple.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 01:28 AM)
Richard is 4-1 for the Pods? Me thinks we could have used him on the road trip from hell which only ended our season while Peavy was rehabbing.

Now 4-2 in 8 starts. With a 5.40 ERA, 1.700 WHIP, 10.1 H/9, 5.2 BB/9 and 7.0 SO/9 to go along with it. Yeah, he's been awesome. The Padres have scored 5.4 runs per game in his 8 starts and he's gone 6+ IP in 3 of those 8.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 07:34 PM)
I still want MB pitching opening day next year. Not for strategic reasons, but entirely for emotional ones. Peavy can have MB's spot on opening day when he earns a place in my adoring heart.

MB should be our #4 starter next year, but he should get his choice of Opening Day/Home Opener every year he remains with this ball club.

MB should be our #4 starter next year, but he should get his choice of Opening Day/Home Opener every year he remains with this ball club.

No. 4 starter? He's better than that on this staff.

Our rotation should be this way and balanced:

Peavy, Mark, Floyd, Danks, Freddy if he doesn't get fat this offseason and has a good spring. If not, Hudson.