AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX METRODOME-IMPLODING WINNER!!!&#

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
It was a great win as far being entertainment (and obviously the pitching)

but if it wasnt for two pitches in the 9th, we'd be classifying it as one of the year's worst offensive performances. Especially since it's against a lefty and we're very righthanded.

if it weren't for minny getting some hits it would be another perfect game, debbie

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
We do need to hope the Vikings get a new stadium also. We need the Twinkiedome to be destroyed. The last thing we want to have happen is for the Twins to move games from Target to the dome if it rains or is cold, claiming "inclement weather".

Or, maybe we can get Selig to issue a ruling decommissioning the Twinkiedome forever for major league baseball. It truly is a subpar facility. Selig tried to contract the Twins out of Minneapolis as a threat to get Target built, so maybe he'll follow through and decommission the Twinkiedome.

Aren't the Vikings building an outdoor too? I thought I read/heard that they were.

QUOTE (SoIL @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
Aren't the Vikings building an outdoor too? I thought I read/heard that they were.

No. They want to, but it's never going to get passed because no one cares about the Vikings and Hennepin county is already paying for the new Gopher stadium and new Twins stadium. There is basically no way the Vikings would get a new stadium as well.

Back to the point though, awesome f***ing win. I wish I had gone today, but I talked myself out of buying walk up tickets after the last 2 games. The only way I was planning on going today was if Flowers was starting, and that wasn't the case so I watched on TV instead.

Either way, just f***ing awesome.

Edited by Felix

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...soxip04.article

THE LAST WORD

''And just about the time we played our last game here, I think we figured out how to win. It's sad that we have to leave this place. Luckily we got a win.''

-- Right-hander Mark Buehrle after the Sox won their final game at the Metrodome