Javy Vazquez

Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 10:16 PM)
I thought I would point out as we need to make threads about every traded player, that in a huge game for the Braves who are in the wildcard race, Vazquez s*** the bed against the Fish who are right behind them.

If we could only have the 5 tool Chris Young back.

5.1. 5 runs, and 7 meaningless strikeouts lol typical javy game when the game matters

Ill take Javy's 3.18 era with 17 quality starts, even if he doesnt pitch well in big games.

You need to win games in the beginning of the season, so that the games at the end of the season are "big games". Javy won games this year for the Braves, without him they may not even be in the playoff hunt.

/shrugs

People are posting about him in the appropriate forum. Your beef should be with caufield talking about old players in the PHT.

LMAO. Javy Vasquez is such a loser by having a reliever give up a double to clear the bases :o !!

Seriously, Vazquez doesn't deserve all the blame, and if he was on the Sox right now he'd be 14-6, of course I'm assuming the Sox are still a sub .500 at the moment.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
ill take freddy at 1mil as a 5th starter (now that hes healthy)that actually has guts and isnt afraid of the big games over vazquez at 12mil thats afraid of the big game. just my opinion

I like your opinion. Javy is what he is. If you could combine the two pitchers you'd have like the greatest pitcher ever. Javy would shut down the Royals and all the other teams that don't matter and pad the s*** out of his stats, and then Freddy would drop his sac in big games and get it done.

Just watching the two pitch it's crazy how opposite they are. Javy will get the speedy #9 hitter 0-2 and then walk him while being cute trying to strike him out. Javy will unintentionally load the bases, and before long he can't get himself out of trouble without clearing the bases and starting over. And this will be in the middle of a brilliant effort where he's got like 8 K's and 1 BB through 6 IP. But Freddy OTOH will just flat out pitch around tough hitters, wanting nothing to do with them at all, and he'll go around two guys in a row if he has to, putting himself in danger on purpose and not giving a f*** about it, and then he'll get the guy he wants and retire him. The fans are all having heart attacks but Sweaty Freddy just stands there like it's no big deal. And if it's a big game and you spot Freddy 6 runs then he might give up 5, but if you spot him 1 then he's not giving up s***. I love that guy.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

Had we not traded Javy, he would have given us similar stats to what Freddy would have compiled had he been with us for the entire year.

At this point in Freddy's career, he's a very average pitcher. Javy would be too if he pitched in the AL.