White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Every team has a guy or two as bad as Wise.

False, and we need to get over the slavish indoctrination to the idea that two moments make Wise a good player. Because every other moment of his professional career have been absolute crap. Oh, my god. Wise beats the Yankees? Well, Joe Borchard hits the longest bomb in Cell history, Kevin Mass and Chris Shelton once looked like Babe Ruth for two solid weeks, every one of these plays had their moments. Every one of these guys has or is just about washing out in the big leagues.

Thunder, I'm just saying it's hilarious and a sign of our laughable season that the man so many despise is responsible for arguably our two finest moments of the f***ing season.

At least Wise has contributed to a few wins. Has Rios?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
I didn't say we should bench AJ for Flowers. I just find it absurd that Ozzie so called reasons for not playing any of the young guys is that it would be, "giving up". And that Ozzie instead still regards what used to be the second worst everyday player in all of baseball (Wise), as a good option to start in a very significant game, wherein, the DH is not even playing.

Ozzie is too proud to ever say "we give up". You just gotta take what he says with a grain of salt sometimes. We'll see Flowers soon enough.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
Thunder, I'm just saying it's hilarious and a sign of our laughable season that the man so many despise is responsible for arguably our two finest moments of the f***ing season.

See, i'm the kind of optimist that likes to think that their should be more good moments to come this year, we can go places still, but in order to so we need to win games. I don't think we can afford to do any more sunday lineups, we need to put our best 9 on the field from here on out.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)

Wise has produced better than Rios so far this year for the Sox. I would bet Rios will produce much more though in the next few seasons though. Rios is also much more talented than Dwayne.