White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
Probably, because he makes contact so little that each time it’s like a pleasant surprise.

Every time I watch him hit a fly ball, I see him glance at the OF'ers to see if they are running back to the wall. At that age, you should know when the ball is going somewhere, s*** I can tell distance when i hit a golf ball, and I'm no pro.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
Did I see someone ask why Torres is pitching from the stretch? Most likely its a control thing that Coop was working with him on. His walks were very damaging to him.

He always pitches out of the stretch.

He did it last year in the AFL. I don't think it's a Coop thing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
I swear he had a small abreviated windup once he was called up.

Nope. When I first saw a video of him in the AFL prior to his call-up, I wondered why he was always out of the stretch.

Turns out that's just the way he goes about his business. I guess he's just more comfortable.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)
I really wouldnt mind if he was brought back next year.

Me neither. I say we offer 2/$7 and take the chance that he can hit like this for another year or two. That way, if Mitchell comes along earlier than expected, you aren't killing yourself too badly with a bench player making $3.5 million.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
Me neither. I say we offer 2/$7 and take the chance that he can hit like this for another year or two. That way, if Mitchell comes along earlier than expected, you aren't killing yourself too badly with a bench player making $3.5 million.

You could get him for cheaper than that. Give him a million and a team option for year 2.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
Dempster's doing well. Or our hitters are doing badly depending on your perspective.

We need a huge 6 innings from Torres. Can he deliver???

He did it once in the first two starts so I am thinking he can if he doesn't start getting scared or something. We might be looking at our 5th satrter for next season. What do you think?