White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
I love how Bradley refuses to throw the ball in the stands. He hates the fans and the fans hate him.

I don't blame him. The last time he did it, he forgot how many outs there were.

Do any of you guys feel that we're just going to lose this game because of our missed opportunities?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
I think he bought into his own hype from last year. Last year he was an impressive hitter who destroyed the ball based on a solid approach. Now he is trying to make it happen, and is pressing too much. A home run should be the result of a well executed swing. When you go up there trying to hit home runs, sure you may run into one. But you become Rob Deer and generate outs in a large amount.

Hopefully he gets his perspective back and goes back to being a hitter. His natural swing will generate enough force to get the ball out. He doesnt need to go up there trying to hit a homer.

+1

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
I think he bought into his own hype from last year. Last year he was an impressive hitter who destroyed the ball based on a solid approach. Now he is trying to make it happen, and is pressing too much. A home run should be the result of a well executed swing. When you go up there trying to hit home runs, sure you may run into one. But you become Rob Deer and generate outs in a large amount.

Hopefully he gets his perspective back and goes back to being a hitter. His natural swing will generate enough force to get the ball out. He doesnt need to go up there trying to hit a homer.

That is a good observation and I agree. He swings like a mad man at almost everything.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
I love how Bradley refuses to throw the ball in the stands. He hates the fans and the fans hate him.

That probably has something to do with the fact that he threw it into the stands against the Twins with only 2 outs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
I don't blame him. The last time he did it, he forgot how many outs there were.

Do any of you guys feel that we're just going to lose this game because of our missed opportunities?

Sox are gonna win. Tigers are gonna lose.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
That is a good observation and I agree. He swings like a mad man at almost everything.

Which he doesnt need to do, the ball goes a LONG way when he makes solid contact. He needs to be selective because thats how he is dangerous, he needs to freaking relax and hit the ball. Stay back, aim for right center and barrel it up.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 08:49 PM)
Whenever Carlos isn't completely healthy, he's just insecure, or so it seems. He was horrible in 07 when he was half-way injured and the same is the case this year.

He over compensates I think. He wants to do so well and make up for his own mistake last year when he cracked his wrist and then the foot injury